1 hour ago, pgde said:

I would have grabbed one, but they are all out of stock.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Nvidia will have pre orders again....just be patient.  It will shows up on their site.  I am keen on getting Nvidia's own design.  It just looks super tight, compact and sturdy.

Looks like 2070 performance is way better than 1080 Ti.  What to pick....

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

Amazing how eager some people are to part with their money! 😄

True for sure, but some people have it and are not afraid to let it go. Others have it and hold it tightly. Someone once said "money is like manure: if we pile it all up it stinks, but if we spread it around, it makes things grow." 😀  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

1 hour ago, Bills511 said:

I'd wait for P3D v5...

+1.  Or at the rate flightsim development occurs, maybe even P3Dv6! 😁

Greg

The new card features real time ray tracing. Maybe we can finally turn up the dynamic reflection in P3D without getting performance hit. 🤡

14 minutes ago, Oliver Ooi said:

The new card features real time ray tracing. Maybe we can finally turn up the dynamic reflection in P3D without getting performance hit. 🤡

The night lighting in P3D is pathetically bad compared to X-Plane 11.

Hopefully P3D v5 will address this and give us night environments that look real.

Matthew S

I notice on Ebay the scalpers are already reselling the cards at outrageous prices.....

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hey guys...

Looks like 2070 does not support SLI.  Only 2080 onwards support SLI.  Well this looking at the Founder Edition data on Nvidia's site.

2080 is the sweet spot....but I will wait till some of you guys get it and show reviews on here.  Congrats on people who ordered them today.  Excited for you guys and excited to read about your experiences.  I am 100% saving to get these bad boys by end of the year.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Funny how some of the major tech sites are saying to hold off on the 20 series and wait for true reviews. Between the Nvida marketing hype and the outrageous prices, this is a definite wait and see card. 

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

22 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

I just hope I can Crysis on these....lol 🤣

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-benchmarks/

Devons rig

1340€ in pre-order already in my country for the 2080ti, just a complete joke this prices! Thank you AMD for letting this guys rule the GPU's market almost without competition...going to stick with my 1080ti that i love so much, going to sleep with my gpu today just for "her" to fell how much i love her...

• Upvote 2

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Funny how some of the major tech sites are saying to hold off on the 20 series and wait for true reviews. Between the Nvida marketing hype and the outrageous prices, this is a definite wait and see card. 

Exactly.  Nothing at all is known about the performance of these cards. You would have to be a fool to order now before true, in-depth reviews are published, especially at these prices.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I'm sure these new gen cards are superior to my/our 1080Ti, how much, we will see when tests and benchmarks are run. Don't ever take manufacturers claims for granted. It's called marketing. And prices wise, here in Croatia they will go up to 1,500 euros. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Well folks.... i was one of the first ones to place a pre-order of 2 2080Ti (that was the max number per person). They should ship 9/20. Let me be a guinea pig and test these bad boys for you. If not, can alway sell them. 

I own a lot of Nvidia stock so follow their announcements very closely. So this morning when i saw the pre order link in the site my finger clicked on the add to cart without actually consulting with my brain. 

It happens!

nico

• Like 1