9 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

The price of these cards is absolutely ridiculous.

Considering all the Ti's are already sold out, it's little wonder.  Gamers will buy.

Well, the days of somewhat fair and affordable graphic cards is unsurprising officially over. The last 12/18months has proved to they can milk the consumer for every last penny and they still keep coming back for more. I thought I was over paying when I payed £630 for my 1080ti on release, not knowing it would work out to be a "bargain".

Until AMD comes up with some kind of competition we'll have the same issue we had in the CPU market with intel, very small and slow progression. In recent years PC gaming has had somewhat of boom with youtube and twitch etc. The graphic card situation is going to have such a negative impact though, the cost of a mid range card now cost probably double what a XBOX/PS4 cost. It will be a big expensive investment for any newcomer.

Edited by Litmoose
  • Upvote 1

The main problem is that environment destroying coin mining word not allowed which also let the prices explode.

Hopefully that will be over, the sooner the better.

• Upvote 3

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

3 hours ago, DAL213 said:

Well folks.... i was one of the first ones to place a pre-order of 2 2080Ti (that was the max number per person). They should ship 9/20. Let me be a guinea pig and test these bad boys for you. If not, can alway sell them. 

I own a lot of Nvidia stock so follow their announcements very closely. So this morning when i saw the pre order link in the site my finger clicked on the add to cart without actually consulting with my brain. 

It happens!

nico

Didn’t you say in a twitch stream that you are not allowed to own any stock in any country due to your job? I am confused. 

Atanas Ayarov

Don't really expect a performance increase that justifies the price as they only showed of games with RTX technology as a performance indicator and that they released the 2080ti this early doesn't really promise a long life cycle. More like a hype-train and quick money grab till the the next series comes out probably next year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DAL213 said:

They should ship 9/20. Let me be a guinea pig and test these bad boys for you.

Reminder to self... schedule vacation September 20th, desolated island with no cell or data reception! :laugh:

Edited by Chris Bell
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This new RTX generation feature a completely new rendering technique, realtime Raytracing.

Any game or application will have to implement this new tech in code, so nothing we have today will take advantage of it.

Of course, these cards will render graphics the old way too, and I guess we can expect about the same performance boost from generation to generation as we've seen in the past.

The on-stage presentation yesterday focused entirely on the new raytracing tech, and a few demos of upcoming games that supports it were shown.

It was very impressive and for sure the way of the future. We will just have to wait and hope that developers jump on board ASAP.

I posted in the other 2080 thread the prices at Newegg for the ASUS branded boards. They now also have prices for the eVGA models which are a little cheaper ($1150 - 1250 US and $750 to $850 US)

Just bought a second 1080Ti for SLI and for now it is good enough.

P3D is not performing less good on your current GPU when a new one comes out ... 🤔

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I would wait till real benches are out on this GPU, the more you read the more I get the impression that for flight sim it not going to be a big thing, as for RT I don't think so cut`s your FPS in half when enabled you would have to re-engineer the sim for that most likely.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Interesting to read. I wonder how my 2 1080's in SLI compare to one 2080TI. For the newer games like BF V and Tomb Raider it's probably better because of the amount of Cuda-Cores and faster memory speed/bandwith but how will that be compared to older games and games without RTX tech?

Just wait a few months and see how this will unfold.

Maikel van der Heijden

Not sure it will make much difference for me in P3D, my 1080Ti is not often stressed and never maxed out. XP11 on the other hand may benefit greatly as the card gets much more of a workout. 

Any graphics card that costs as much as an entire PC is way out of my league.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

53 minutes ago, westman said:

Asus 2080TI OC confirmed , shall compare it to my 1080ti.s

Good For you 🙂 can't wait to see your results and thoughts!

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q