1 hour ago, TravelRunner404 said:

I am guessing settings will make a big difference. Maxing out autogen with your new card still won’t get you much.

The stuff coming out right now is saying 40-50% faster with 4K. And up to twice as fast with the DLSS.  Not sure if P3D could support DLSS out of the box though...I think maybe developers have to add it?

Additionaly Chris Bell was saying that the NVLink is much faster so SLI should be a lot better. 

I am contimplating going with two founders editions and thinking I’ll get 30+ FPS with the new 9900k on 3 4K OLED TV set up 🙂 

however, that’s a few months off.  I really think the average 4K one screen simmer is going to see way better performance in heavy weather and overcast while being able to add some more shadows and possibly reflections.  

Heathrow with max AI and max autogen is still going to be a slideshow probably   

3 4K! You are dreaming! But if it works I will be right behind you! Then again I would prefer one a 8K panel!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

1 hour ago, strider1 said:

3 4K! You are dreaming! But if it works I will be right behind you! Then again I would prefer one a 8K panel!

I think he is. I have a mate with 3 projectors running 1920*1080 fed from three 1080Ti cards and he's struggling to get 20fps at Schiphol and Heathrow. The 2080s would have to be 4 times more powerful to deliver same performance at 4K.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well my simple logic is if one can push 4K at 60 FPS on high end games then 2 pushing 3 monitors seems doable in theory at 30 FPS. However, I do agree there are more variables to account for in that equation. I am hopeful but considering I would need 2 more OLEDs and 2 $1200 cards, one would have to really consider the risk/reward for that cost.  I am an immersion junky though and love the idea but a sensible person would stick with one screen and wait for VR

9 hours ago, TravelRunner404 said:

Well my simple logic is if one can push 4K at 60 FPS on high end games then 2 pushing 3 monitors seems doable in theory at 30 FPS.

The limiting factor is much more likely to be the CPU in that setup.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I doubt that I will be able to look beyond the RTX 2070 when the time comes for me to buy a new PC. Hopefully, my existing four year old PC will last at least another year, as I do not need to upgrade until the P3D versions of ORBx True Earth UK and Ireland have been released.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 8/24/2018 at 12:19 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

I agree. Given the cost and the fact that until LM add the code to take advantage of Ray Tracing there may be little improvement in fps. The cost of the1080i isn't dropping much either.

I still think the huge prices are, in part, to encourage sales of the 1080 ti. Wasn't their a glut of 1080 ti's, or so I heard? 

27 minutes ago, martin-w said:

I still think the huge prices are, in part, to encourage sales of the 1080 ti. Wasn't their a glut of 1080 ti's, or so I heard? 

The best way of encouraging sales of something is to drop the price. Not introduce a far more expensive model. I'm happy with my 1080 so haven't checked 1080i status but I know B i t c o i n had a major impact on availability with prices rocketing.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I will wait till Asus and EVGA will bring up their variants of 2080Ti (now I have an EVGA 1080 TI and I am happy with it). Till then, I suppose more real benchmarks and P3D feedback will be available 😄

On Amazon in Germany, 2080TI founders edition is at 1559 euros.. which is too much if the gain will be confirmed as small.

1080Ti made a difference for the P3D DL for example. Lets see about 2080Ti and 4K and DL.

Edited by Vali

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

On Amazon in Germany, 2080TI founders edition is at 1559 euros.. which is too much if the gain will be confirmed as small.

1559 Euros :blink:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Isn't that roughly $1,800 US at the present exchange rate? That's crazy.

Wondering if the RTX 2080Ti will be an overkill for P3D? I'm currently running two 980Ti's. I know the 1080Ti's may go on sale here in the near future, but I'm wondering if I should just bite the bullet and purchase a 2080Ti in order to prepare for what the future may have in store.

I know that P3D V4 definitely won't be able to push the 2080Ti to its max potential, but what about future versions of P3D, like V5?  Do you predict that future versions of P3D will have features that will allow the RTX 2080Ti to unleash its full potential?

Debating if I should purchase a 1080Ti or RTX 2080Ti. I saw today there was some leaked benchmark data showing that the RTX 2080Ti is 25%-30% more powerful than its predecessor (1080Ti). Wondering if that 25%-30% would apply to P3D.  It's always hard to gauge true performance increases because the manufacturers fail to include testing on simulation platforms such as P3D.

Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 hours ago, wilco1996 said:

Wondering if the RTX 2080Ti will be an overkill for P3D? I'm currently running two 980Ti's. I know the 1080Ti's may go on sale here in the near future, but I'm wondering if I should just bite the bullet and purchase a 2080Ti in order to prepare for what the future may have in store.

I know that P3D V4 definitely won't be able to push the 2080Ti to its max potential, but what about future versions of P3D, like V5?  Do you predict that future versions of P3D will have features that will allow the RTX 2080Ti to unleash its full potential?

Debating if I should purchase a 1080Ti or RTX 2080Ti. I saw today there was some leaked benchmark data showing that the RTX 2080Ti is 25%-30% more powerful than its predecessor (1080Ti). Wondering if that 25%-30% would apply to P3D.  It's always hard to gauge true performance increases because the manufacturers fail to include testing on simulation platforms such as P3D.

Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P3d v4 can take my 1080Ti chew it up and spit it out like nothing.  If u go crazy on AA, DL, shadows, and cloud textures I think a 2080Ti still wouldn’t be enough.

Matt Wilson

Don't put to much faith in leaked benchmarks as AIB partners and testers have been told there's NDA till the 14th sept.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 8/26/2018 at 2:41 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

The best way of encouraging sales of something is to drop the price. Not introduce a far more expensive model. I'm happy with my 1080 so haven't checked 1080i status but I know B i t c o i n had a major impact on availability with prices rocketing.

Well actually both strategies work. If you are in the market for a new card and the latest greatest is priced too high you will obviously drop down to the lower model.

I'm seeing lots of people in the market for new cards express the opinion that they won't buy the RTX due to the price and will instead buy the 1080 Ti. Applies to me too, I will be opting for the 1080 Ti. 

5:50

"The pricing situation does seem like it allows for the 10 series to continue to exist as a favourable option and clear out the inventory" 

Edited by martin-w

@martin-w, at over £1000 the performance would have to be extraordinary for many like me to buy it. FPS would have to double over a 1080 and I suspect that won’t happen.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather