Sign in to follow this  
FreeBird(Josh)

Californias Gold Part 1 Sierra Nevada's

California' Gold Part 1

VCW_D_HS_Hero_packtrip_Sunset-TS_1280x64

The Sierra Nevada's

Today’s flight will take us over some of the most breathtaking scenery of California's Sierra Nevada's. There are several high climbs of over 12,000 ft and 2 or 3 small mountain strips to contend with. There are a total of 10 stops and 396 miles to cover in 3 hrs so we will need something that can do 180 or better but maneuverable in mountainous terrain. Will do a few touch and go’s to help with time. Bring your V key and hope for good weather.

Flight Plan

AIRCRAFT

I’m thinking RV7 or a Lance Air for better time. (A few small strips that might be tough with the LA)

SCENERY

To enjoy this flight the most you will need both ORBX California sceneries, ORBX KBLU, ORBX KTVL, ORBX L05, and the freeware Yosemite. LC and vector should be okay but you won’t have all the POIs or some of the enhanced airports.

Other Info

Simulator time   4:30pm

Weather if bad and you want really nice weather set AS to March 7th

Particulars

Date and time: Saturday 25th August 2018, 1800 UTC.
Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D).

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Great flight through lovely country with delightful companions. Josh, thanks for designing an enjoyable event.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Echo what Mike said.  Great trip.  Also really like the photo in the announcement post.  Captures the feeling of a beautiful High Sierra day.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png