Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Shorts 360 released!

Downloading it now and, as usual for Carenado products, the aircraft and VC look great on the screenshots! Will reserve judgement on the systems though until I've tried it, but I live in hope!

Bill

Just an observation.....one of the night cockpit screenshots on their webpage looks like the instrument lights can ALL be turned on without turning on the interior or cabin lights (which annoyingly light up the walls and seats of the cockpit).  If so, its first Carenado release in some time to get this right.  (they used to do it well in the V-tail Bonanza era).

Am I seeing that screenshot correctly ?

Cheers

Jeff

54 minutes ago, scianoir said:

Will reserve judgement on the systems though until I've tried it, but I live in hope!

Bill

Systems? In the Whispering Nissan Hut? 😄

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

18 minutes ago, Chock said:

Systems? In the Whispering Nissan Hut? 😄

I was being kind! Just as you are by using the word "whispering" to describe the 360 - I think it must have been the noisiest 'airliner' I have every flown in the real world!!

Bill

45 minutes ago, FLNG said:

Just an observation.....one of the night cockpit screenshots on their webpage looks like the instrument lights can ALL be turned on without turning on the interior or cabin lights (which annoyingly light up the walls and seats of the cockpit).  If so, its first Carenado release in some time to get this right.  (they used to do it well in the V-tail Bonanza era).

Am I seeing that screenshot correctly ?

Cheers

Jeff

Have just quickly switched to a night view and I can confirm that it seems possible to have the instrument lights on without turning on the interior lights - in fact I cannot find anything to turn on a dome or interior light but as usual the documentation leaves a bit to be desired and I am teaching myself the 360 by trial and error! There are in fact three knobs which I can find labelled 'Panel Lights', one on the overhead which rotates from 0 to 100 but doesn't seem to have any effect, another similar one on the left cockpit side wall which also rotates with no effect but a third one on the left side of the main panel appears functional and turns the instrument lights on or off. There is another rotatory switch labelled 'General Dim' below that and although it too has a range of 0 to 100, rotating it does not seem to have any effect either! But maybe I am missing something else that I will find in due course!

It's a pity Carenado don't put a little more effort into their documentation - I just had a brief look at the supplied manuals and one at least looks as if it has been thrown together with random bits of information!

To be fair however I have done one flight of about 25 minutes in it so far and I really enjoyed it. A brief test of the AP seemed ok and it flew an ILS reasonable well although it was a little slow to initiate descent on capturing the glideslope and had to play catchup although after that it followed it quite well. I need to spend a bit more time flying it however to get to grips with this aircraft!

Bill

• Like 2

Have just quickly switched to a night view and I can confirm that it seems possible to have the instrument lights on without turning on the interior lights

Excellent !

I may have to pick this one up...

Jeff

Downloading here as well!. As always, the timer has already started for version v1.1 🤣

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Some old ATC jokes

ATC: "Keep the speed up."
Shorts pilot: "We're pedalling as fast as we can!"

-

Citation pilot to Shorts pilot: "Nice airplane. I'll bet it goes faster when you take it out of its packing crate."

Twr: XY123 number 2 to a Shorts 360. Do you have him in sight ?
123: Affirmative. No wait, he just flew over a trailer park. We lost him

Edited by TonyD
one more
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

Speaking of documents, where is Carenado hiding them. They are usually to be found in the aircraft folder, but I don't see them, or am I just blind?

Regards,

Tom

27 minutes ago, Murfman said:

Speaking of documents, where is Carenado hiding them. They are usually to be found in the aircraft folder, but I don't see them, or am I just blind?

Regards,

Tom

Most probably a bit blind. They're in the main P3D directory, under the Carenado folder.

I'm lost with the parking brakes, supposedly the red lever in front of the pilot seat, but it's not working for me here. Any help is appreciated, as I don't know how to stop this thing.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Ed,

Thanks a bunch for the help. Actually you could say I'm close to blind. I'm having cataract surgery tomorrow. 😬

Cheers,

Tom

51 minutes ago, Murfman said:

Ed,

Thanks a bunch for the help. Actually you could say I'm close to blind. I'm having cataract surgery tomorrow. 😬

Cheers,

Tom

Don't pay attention to that. Had such a surgery on each eye 10 years ago, one week apart from each other, 10 minutes each. No more trouble, no need for glasses anymore, etc. One day rest and that's all.

Btw, in the picture, those are reading glasses, you'll need them.

Good luck.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

Ed, thanks for the encouragement. I had  one eye done 2 weeks ago. My vision is already better.

Tom

11 minutes ago, Murfman said:

Ed, thanks for the encouragement. I had  one eye done 2 weeks ago. My vision is already better.

Tom

Well, good luck again, Tom. Hopefully after the second surgery you'll be able to help me to find out where the parking brake lever is!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed