Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Shorts 360 released!

1.1 def needed, the pax and seatbelt signs don't chime when selected on, UNLESS they dont in real life.

Massive elevator deflection down when when the autopilot is on, giving a nice surprise when you disconnect the AP.

The reverse lock in a pain in the a&@!, the color of it blends with the pedestal haha.

Anyways....I love the shed, a nice slow and steady aircraft.

Edited by SquawkModeCharlie

Hi Folks,

No reflections on the modeling - but the Shorts 360 - truly has a face only a mother could love - it has my nomination for one of the homeliest aircraft ever made... Although the Casa 212 from the infamous "Blackwater 61" crash is in close competition...

:biggrin:

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Would be nice if someone keeps track of all bugs found in v1.00 and post them here. I could do, but later today is somebody is interested.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

16 hours ago, edpatino said:

Most probably a bit blind. They're in the main P3D directory, under the Carenado folder.

I'm lost with the parking brakes, supposedly the red lever in front of the pilot seat, but it's not working for me here. Any help is appreciated, as I don't know how to stop this thing.

Cheers, Ed

If you haven't already found it Ed, the parking brake is the red lever low down on the left side wall.

Bill

14 hours ago, edpatino said:

Well, good luck again, Tom. Hopefully after the second surgery you'll be able to help me to find out where the parking brake lever is!.

Ed, did you find that parking brake control yet? If not, it’s the red t-handle on the left side panel. Good luck!

Tom

Thanks Bill and Tom for the help. I've found it!.

My problem was that I set the cockpit views with Chase Plane without looking further down, and then after I was looking for the parking brake lever just on the created views. Kind of dumb!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

8 hours ago, scottb613 said:

No reflections on the modeling - but the Shorts 360 - truly has a face only a mother could love

Just call me Mammy! 😄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Has anyone noticed that reverse pitch doesn’t seem to be working? Activating reverse (using F2) with the brakes off actually seems to cause the aircraft to gently accelerate!

Bill

Yeah, I noticed. Maybe the original designers figured the built-in headwind was enough to get the beast slowed down. 

It is working but you have to remove the mechanical latch on the pedestal just below the ground idle stop first.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, J35OE said:

It is working but you have to remove the mechanical latch on the pedestal just below the ground idle stop first.

Yeah, I eluded to this in my post, the latch is near the same colour as the pedestal which make it pretty hidden.

i also couldn't find any reference to this reverse lock latch in the checklist.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, J35OE said:

Ah it’s one of those set ups! I did look down at the pedestal for something like a lock but I must admit I didn’t see it. Carenado really need to include some cockpit diagrams in their documentation!

Bill