Sign in to follow this  
scott967

How do you remove a ILS from a airport?

I currently have Delblond Christian's version 1 of St Maarten (juliana.zip) scenery installed. I would like to install his version 2 St Maarten (juliana2.zip) since it does improve the airport, but since the real St Maarten does not have a ILS I would like to remove the ILS that was put in version 2 of the scenery. Can this be done using AFCAD?

Yes, you can remove the ILS with AFCAD.I don

Staffan

But only if it's not a stock ILS."Deletion: AFCAD can delete any navaids that you create, but it cannot delete any stock navaids."

Can this be done using AFCAD?Was the ILS added with AFCAD, or was it added with a separate scenery design element?The default airport does not have a localizer so you are not stuck with that problem.It all depends upon how the designer did the scenery.Looking at the zipdrive view of the package - there is an AFCAD, one main scenery .bgl file - 1.5 mb in size named Juliana.bgl, on smaller file named Juliana_A16N.bgl and six exclude files.Downloading and opening the zip file - extracting the AFCAD - opening it shows the ILS is not visible / recognized - so it wasn't added with AFCAD.You will have to test and see if you can remove the ILS by removing one of the other files - but it looks doubtful.

If it can't be removed then just ignore it. If you don't set the radio to the ILS there will be no effect on the instruments and it seems that it would be as non-existant, at least to you.Just a possibility.

juliana.bgl can be disassembled with BGLAnalyze. There are scasm commands for ILS2 and DMEpos. You could just edit these out and reassemble with SCASM and that should take care of your problem (or maybe contact author and ask for edited versions). Of course, any edited versions of some one else's files should be for your own use only.scott s..