Sign in to follow this  
aledero

Speech Recognition stop to listen after no talk a while.

Hi,

After updated Pilot2ATC, the program stop to listen after 5 min or more of no talk. The PTT window turn green when I press the button, but doesnt listen. If I change the frequency to any ATIS or AWOS, I can hear them well. The only way that I do to resolve the issue is to click disconnect and connect again, but after no talk for 5 min isn't listen again.

My mic is set as a default communication on the sound record setting. Also my P2A is installed on a network PC.

Thanks for any help.

If you are using a USB mic, check your power settiings as Windows may be turning the USB off after a period of time.

If the PTT button is turning green when you press the PTT button, then it is likely a problem with the microphone.  

In addition to setting the Microphone as the default recording device, be sure the Headset levels are set correctly.

HEADSET MUTED - If your headset has a physical mute button or volume control, be sure it is unmuted and turned up all the way.

HEADSET VOLUME SETTINGS - If Windows recognizes that you are using a headset plugged into the 3.5mm jack, it puts a set of "level" settings on the Levels tab of the Headphone Properties.  To set these, select the Headset in the playback devices Windows Settings and press "Properties". Select the Levels tab.  Be sure all levels are turned up and not muted.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvgwzeonoutjque/HeadsetLevels.png?dl=0

SOUND DRIVERS AND ADD ON PROGRAMS - Many PCs come with Sound Add On programs from the manufacturer that are run at startup.  Some of these programs may "Capture" the microphone and prevent Pilot2ATC from hearing it.  Also, some addons may have such features.  Check to be sure there are not other sound programs running.  Also be sure that you have the latest Audio Drivers for your Microphone installed.
GRAMMAR HELP SCREEN AND DIAGNOSTICS: Try using the Grammar Help screen.  
⦁    Press the Grmr Help button to the right of the Flight Plan
⦁    Pess the Practice button 
⦁    Take a screenshot of the resulting Message box with the connection information and email to me 
⦁    Try saying "Say Altimeter" with no other words.  It should be recognized.  Let me know the result.
⦁    If not being recognized, press the "Replay" button and see what your voice sounds like.  If no sound, then your voice is not getting through to Pilot2ATC.

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC