Sign in to follow this  
Zaros

Taxi Mnt Weight.

Hello Dave,

After flying to so many simple airports where importing the taxiways & gates only mostly fill the gates and runways i've decided to add the taxiways manually, this went perfect.
My question is that some runways have multiple holding points and i also see that i can enter a weight limit for a certain taxi path, this would mean a 747 can e.g. take holding point A1 and a 737 would get revered to holding point A2.
Is this correct? if so would this mean KGs or LBs.

Also as suggestion, since i have no idea how hard it would be, is to be able to put arrows on the taxiways so atc would only let me taxi in a certain direction, would mostly be the case at busy airports.
Lastly, it would be amazing if the map auto-zooms to a certain limit when it detects liftoff, since when on the ground i'm always all the way zoomed in so i can keep an eye on traffic.

That's all and thx for the amazing product.

Cheers, Andy

Andy,

The weight limits are there for future use and are not currently used by ATC.  The weights are entered in LBS.

Arrows on the taxiway would not only be very difficult, but would be unrealistic.  So that is not in the plan. 

As for auto zooming, that is also not in the plan.  The way to handle that is to zoom the map out as part of your pre-takeoff checklist.  I usually zoom out to a level that lets me see most of the departure route.

Thanks,

Dave