Sign in to follow this  
mnmon

Check out my article on FSX!

Thanks Jim. A really well-done article. - Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Extremely well written and documented report. Very much appreciated.Being a subscriber of "Flying" I can also attest to Lane'scontributions to that magazine. That gal actually "lives" flying.I kinda' felt that MS had come to a realization that flight simming was something more than a product and that they are responsible for a worldwide "Cult" or whatever you want to call it. It's a win win situation for all of us.Gary :-beerchug

Looks like there is alot to be excited about. I have been watching the latest reviews and all of them have skipped over the ATC. I was glad to see you mentioned it in your article. I was hoping they would include some new voice sets with differen't accents at least, but I guess not this time either...:( I used to use a product called Pro-pilot in the FS98/2000 days, and it was great to have all the differen't ATC accents when flying around the world. Anyway, I am looking forward to the new release, Thanks for the reportScott

Really appreciate the report. Well written.The thing that most concerns me and I believe a lot of users is performance. All the extra eye candy and added real world stuff is really tremendous but we have not heard from anyone about performance. How is the sim going to perform on current hardware? Will it be the same slide show stutters we got when FS9 was released and required major hardware upgrades? Maybe the demo will answer that.Thanks againBill

Guest RonB49

Great write Hornit; I enjoyed it. Thanks. R-

Good read Hornit... I'm very disappointed there will be little or no improvement in ATC (holding patterns, spacing, speed restrictions, etc). If I'm understanding all this correctly we're getting a visual update with a mission editor and multiplayer improvements after 3 year of development, wow. Far from what many simmers here asked for but it's an improvement just the same I guess.It's funny to hear that the Aces is really working with the community only to find so little improvement under the hood in FSX from the current FS9. Since visuals are the main concern this time around hopefully the framerate issue can be rendered mute once and for all... There's nothing else really to work on concerning user request if the sim's focus is totally on visuals. If they can

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest av84fun

<>Thanks for the great article Hornit. But the above is a major disappointment for me personally but I would assume HUGE good news for the folks at Radar Contact.With the really awesome contributions to the scenery enviroment both free and pay (we all know who the great contributors are)it's hard for me to imagine "upgrading" to X without a significant enhancement to its ATC functionality.But I am probably in a significant minority in flying in the clag at least half the time so MSFT is probably correct in their strategy.Regards,Jim

With products like Radar Contact and Vox ATC, I imagine that MSFS felt there was enough improvement available out there for the people who would really want it, and that allowed them to concentrate their efforts on aspects of the sim that would have broader appeal, developing the base of the sim more, and adding more methods/hooks for outside developers to access.I do hope that they at least increased access to tools necessary to work with ATC, so that even better products can be created.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

HAH! Good one Joe...Naw. I really do want to work on that, just lots of real world thing taking up my time lately. I'm still on board!Jim

I can live without too much ATC improvement as long as Radar Contact is around. My real pet peeve is the AI traffic handling. Has there been ANY improvement in this arena? Mike