Sign in to follow this  
pete_auau

Need help in time settings

This  is  getting  me  stumped  in a big  way  for the last few  days   trying  to  figure  it  out.  After  switching  from fsx  to  p3dv4  version  so  far  this  has  me  stumped.   Issue  is  that with  fsx I had  set  my  default start up  screen  to  be  my own  airport  or  town  where  I live  eg  Melbourne.   Than  when  ever  I  change  location   to  any  part  of  the  world  the  time  will  reflect  on the  change,  but  for  some  reason p3dv4  is  staying  the  same  time  where  ever  I go,  also I notice   after  when I select  change  airport the  restore time on the move  iam unable  to untick  or  tick  its  checked  now.   The  other  night  I was  able  to  untick  it  and  the  time did  change,  So  question is  what  am  iam  doing  wrong

Like  just now   time  is  2224  started  p3d   and  went  to  egkk   where  it  should  be  day  time  but  not  in my  case  its  night  time  

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

P3D doesn't adjust the time to a local time of where you are starting your flight at, it is using the local computers time, at least it does for me. I'm not sure if there are tweaks for this or if something can be switched on in the p3d.cfg.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, pracines said:

I use FSRealtime to manage P3Dv4 time. I always fly current time and I fly all over the world. I also use time zone fixer as time zones are still messed up in P3D.

http://www.3dsoftworks.net/products/fsrealtime/

https://simelite.com/timeZoneFixer.php

Both of these products are very easy to use, very inexpensive, and both provide excellent support.

Looks like something I can use . Thanks for the link.

Vic green

1 hour ago, pracines said:

I use FSRealtime to manage P3Dv4 time. I always fly current time and I fly all over the world. I also use time zone fixer as time zones are still messed up in P3D.

Both of these products are very easy to use, very inexpensive, and both provide excellent support.

I don't fly without them...

Have you toggled the "Use system time" option in the Scenario screen?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I found there was a weird thing going on with the time. If you use the change airport button on the scenario screen it seems to work as it should. 

But it if you don’t do the change airport button and only use the flight planner to change the airport it seems to go out of whack. 

So I always change airport first on the scenario screen and then setup the flight plan but don’t let the flight plan move the plane for you. 

Edited by djbully

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

Hi @pete_auau

If I read you correctly you want the clock to change to a different time zone other than your startup scenario.

The Restore Time On Move on the select airport window is always greyed out. Unclickable.

Open prepar3d.cfg there is a line - RestoreTimeOnMove= change it to 0.

For it to correctly change time you must load at airport - scenario first (your location). Then change to new location.

I use SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer for updated/correct time zones especially for Indiana whose time zones were still incorrect based on FSX.

Edited by Bills511

6 hours ago, pracines said:

Looking at the web site I'm a little confused. Do you have to have FUSIPC for the FS Realtime to work? Also would I need both fs Realtime and the time zone fixer or does fs Realtime perform both functions to include the time zone repair?

Edited by PATCO LCH

Vic green

One more question. Do these apps install into the sim or do you have to start them as stand alone?

Thanks,

Vic G

Vic green

ok   found  the issues  for  me  about  the  

3 hours ago, Bills511 said:

Hi @pete_auau

If I read you correctly you want the clock to change to a different time zone other than your startup scenario.

The Restore Time On Move on the select airport window is always greyed out. Unclickable.

Open prepar3d.cfg there is a line - RestoreTimeOnMove= change it to 0.

For it to correctly change time you must load at airport - scenario first (your location). Then change to new location.

I use SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer for updated/correct time zones especially for Indiana whose time zones were still incorrect based on FSX.

found  out  it  cant be  changed   from  the  splash  screen  if  you  load  into the  sim   than  it can be  unticked  or  ticked if  you  use  the menu navigation change  airport.  Than if  you  change  to another  airport  the  time  and season  will  change  to reflect  this  at least  it  works  for  me  and  takes  a  extra  1  minute  or  so at least   the  time  changes  now  🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

56 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

One more question. Do these apps install into the sim or do you have to start them as stand alone? 

Thanks,

Vic G

SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer creates it's own scenery folder and contains 6 bgl files. FS Real Time is a stand alone.

35 minutes ago, Bills511 said:

SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer creates it's own scenery folder and contains 6 bgl files. FS Real Time is a stand alone.

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

I went to the websites and read the history; one would think Lockheed would put these two issues pretty high on their bug-fix list.  It's been wrong for over a decade, and it seems so fundamental to the sim so why require 3rd party tools to correct this?

Mark

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

Looking at the web site I'm a little confused. Do you have to have FUSIPC for the FS Realtime to work? Also would I need both fs Realtime and the time zone fixer or does fs Realtime perform both functions to include the time zone repair?

Yes FSUIPC (free version will suffice) is required for FS Realtime.... I'm pretty certain that the FS Realtime download come with the latest free version of FSUIPC

FS Realtime makes and keeps your time correct to wherever you are.

Time zone fixer makes sure that your time zone information is correct (default in sim is NOT correct everywhere). 

You would need both for automated and correct time within the sim. 

Neither of these utilities are needed if one wishes to manually change the time as needed/necessary. I prefer to concentrate on flying and let time be automated and correct, that's why I use the two together.  

Edited by pracines
  • Like 1