Sign in to follow this  
pedrotrindade

Accu-Feel v.2 Air, Land & Sea (P3Dv4) Released

Something not right with Accu Feel and the Beaver on the water. I couldn't get it to move barely at all. Had to switch off accu feel to get it working.

5 hours ago, NorwegianAviator said:

But according to Aerosoft they couldn't do anything about it as it was a P3D issue. At least not without making their own physics engine, which was out of the question for this product.

I believe if one is going to create water aircraft for P3D V3 onward, then need this:

AIRCRAFT.CFG
[Contact_Points]
always_use_avg_surface=1

I have an older version of the Milviz Turbo Otter ... checked my Milviz eMail and there is a more recent version 1.180816 I just downloaded.  I'll give that a try.

Cheers, Rob.

3 hours ago, GHarrall said:

Something not right with Accu Feel and the Beaver on the water. I couldn't get it to move barely at all.

I got it working reasonably well, I had to set Accu-Feel "water drag" value to 8 or 9.

Cheers, Rob.

6 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I believe if one is going to create water aircraft for P3D V3 onward, then need this:

AIRCRAFT.CFG
[Contact_Points]
always_use_avg_surface=1

I have an older version of the Milviz Turbo Otter ... checked my Milviz eMail and there is a more recent version 1.180816 I just downloaded.  I'll give that a try.

Cheers, Rob.

Thank you for the advice, Rob! I will try this right away on the Aerosoft Twin Otter and see if this fixes the problem. Will report back 🙂

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

7 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

AIRCRAFT.CFG
[Contact_Points]
always_use_avg_surface=1

Cheers, Rob.

I will try that adjustment.

On that note, how is the Turbo Otter? Im close to hitting 'buy' on it........

Note:  If you use accufeel with any MV products, support is not going to be there as this program changes the way our external control system(s) work.

Sorry.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Like this?

[contact_points]
always_use_avg_surface=1
max_number_of_points = 21

point.0 = 4,   0.00,  4.80, -8.70, 2200, 0, 0,  0.0, 0.0, 2.5, 0.390, 0.0, 0.0, 3, 0, 0
point.1 = 4,   0.00, -4.80, -8.80, 2200, 0, 0,  0.0, 0.5, 2.5, 0.891, 0.0, 0.0, 2, 0, 0
point.2 = 4, -18.10,  4.80, -7.80, 2200, 0, 0,  0.0, 0.5, 2.5, 0.891, 0.0, 0.0, 3, 0, 0
point.3 = 4, -18.10, -4.80, -7.80, 2200, 0, 0,  0.0, 0.5, 2.5, 0.891, 0.0, 0.0, 2, 0, 0
point.4 = 5, -20.10, -4.80, -8.20, 1650, 0, 0, 50, 0, 0, 1, 2, 2, 0, 0, 0
point.5 = 5, -20.10,  4.80, -8.30, 1600, 0, 0.000, 20,    0.0,  0.0, 1.0,   1.1, 1.5, 0, 0, 0
point.6 = 1,  0.616, -4.80,  -9.0,  1600,  0, 0.716, 180,   0.06, 2.0, 0.75, 3.0, 5.0, 0, 152, 180
point.7 = 1,  0.616,  4.80,  -9.0,   1600, 0, 0.716, 180,   0.06, 2.0, 0.75, 3.0, 5.0, 0, 152, 180
point.8 = 1, -9.802, -4.80,  -9.2,   1600, 1, 0.937,  0,    0.20, 3.0, 0.95, 4.1, 4.3, 2, 152, 200
point.9 = 1, -9.802,  4.80,  -9.2,   1600, 2, 0.937,  0,    0.20, 3.0, 0.95, 4.3, 4.1, 3, 152, 200

gear_system_type=4
static_pitch=0.4               //degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)
static_cg_height=8.72        //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Bought and installed AccuFeel Air, Land and Sea , and frankly, I don't see much difference in the sim.  Is there a particular setting that I am ignoring?  What I was hoping for was some cockpit movement like that in EZdok or Chaseplane.  I know it won't be the same....but at least somewhat of a facsimile of it.

Stan

I am feeling a bit like you Stan.
Maybe because EZCA is already bringing a lot of effects to the cockpit.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Tested the MV DHC-3 Turbo with water = Ultra and some Wind with Accu-Feel and set water drag = 9 ... all good.  No need for that additional line in the aircraft.cfg.

52 minutes ago, DannyR said:

Does AccuFeel work with helicopters?

Danny

Sorry, but the Accu-Feel manual states that helicopters are not supported.

Greg

59 minutes ago, spilok said:

Bought and installed AccuFeel Air, Land and Sea , and frankly, I don't see much difference in the sim.  Is there a particular setting that I am ignoring?  What I was hoping for was some cockpit movement like that in EZdok or Chaseplane.  I know it won't be the same....but at least somewhat of a facsimile of it.

Stan

I think you speak truth here, but for me, it's all about the sounds - bumps while taxing, breaks, landing squeaks, cockpit air environment, etc.  My EzDok takes care of the head movements/shaking effects and stuff.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

47 minutes ago, SmokeDiddy said:

I think you speak truth here, but for me, it's all about the sounds - bumps while taxing, breaks, landing squeaks, cockpit air environment, etc.  My EzDok takes care of the head movements/shaking effects and stuff.

This is interesting. I had the original version of this Accu-feel V2 for FSX. Loved it. Of course it was not available for P3D.

So in the meantime I moved onto XP11 and quickly found XP Realistic Pro with its plethora of sounds, shakes, rattles, head anticipation in every direction imaginable, environmental sounds, land gear impacts etc etc..

So I bought this new Accu-feel, once I got my P3Dv4 updated it worked as expected, but sadly I agree its more about those sounds and fails to deliver on all the stuff I got used to with Realistic Pro for XP....I'm now feeling disappointed.

I do not have EzDoc and just don't want to buy yet another program but it sounds like if one adds these other programs then you get the full meal deal of cockpit effects.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

3 hours ago, spilok said:

Stan

You're going to hear more than you see with this add-on, although it will bounce things around a bit too.

Hover your mouse over the little question marks on the Accufeel UI to see the explanatory tooltip; this so you understand which way to move the slider for more effect. For example, the Cabin Integrity setting will have more of an effect if you move the slider to the left toward lower settings, i.e. less cabin integrity equals more rattles and shakes. It'd be easy to imagine that moving the slider to the right would increase the effect as it does with most effects in flight sims.

Most of the effects which Accufeel add are probably best suited to small GA aeroplanes operating from grass strips, however, the cabin integrity setting is useful for any old aeroplane which would rattle and shake, such as a DC-3 or a B17, but if you have ever driven around the ramp of a modern airport, you'll know that the ramp area and taxiways are anything but smooth like they are in FSX and P3D, so the jolting effect is useful for modern airliners too.

Anyone who has ever flown to or from a grass strip will certainly know that you can get bounced around like crazy on those, but there is some variety in how that feels between places. For example, two ex-military airfields in the UK which I've flown from a lot are Duxford and Husbands Bosworth. Duxford (EGSU) is of course a famous WW2 RAF Battle of Britain airfield; fighters operated from there throughout WW2, its grass strip is quite smooth, it rolls and undulates a little bit, but there aren't really any jolting big bumps you go over when landing or taking off from there. I'd go so far as to say that it feels quite stately when you roll across Duxford in an old aeroplane on take off or landing, so you'd maybe want to tone down the bumps in Accufeel for that one. Conversely, Husbands Bosworth (EGBP) whilst generally smooth, has a very noticeable rut across its grass runway, which if you land long when the wind is typically blowing Westerly, means you end up going over that rut at fairly high speed, and it's a proper boneshaking jolt if you do. The RAF operated Lancasters, Wellingtons and DC-3s from there all the time in WW2, and I assume these were big enough to absorb the jolts what with those big fat tires, but the biggest thing I've ever flown off from there was a DH Chipmunk lol and some gliders, and when your @ss is three inches off the ground in a sailplane with the fairly small main wheel right near your seat,you don't half feel that jolt if you go over that rut at high speed!

Anyway, here's a Spitfire with the Accufeel settings on fairly high doing a quick circuit of the (sadly now closed) Woodford Aerodrome (EGCD). I taxied it about quite sloppily so you could hear the tire sidewall scrapes and I deliberately did a big long sideslip on the landing, so you can hear the asymmetric airflow from that provided by Accufeel...

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here