Sign in to follow this  
pedrotrindade

Accu-Feel v.2 Air, Land & Sea (P3Dv4) Released

5 hours ago, DJJose said:

Are you using the FSDT addon manager? If yes, Disable just to test.

For now, you can modify the raptor to the plane's screen shot settings, save it, then copy the .dat from the raptor folder to the folder of your plane of choice.

That will keep the settings saved.

Many thanks for the advice - now I have a "feel.dat" file that wasn't there before !

So has anyone tried this with complex airliners? Does it work well? 

I am thinking of getting it even if only part of the features are compatible with the bigger jets

Thanks

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

It usually turns out that you have to turn off some or all of the sound effects when using on planes other than default airplanes. Some 3rd party plane sounds clash with the AccuFeel sounds. 

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Yes, needs to be set on a per aircraft basis ... I wonder if anyone flies the default aircraft?  I was testing it with the latest RealAir aircraft (Legacy, Duke, TDuke) that have been updated for P3D V4 and there were a few things I needed to turn off in AccuFeel that RealAir cover and do well.  Fortunately AccuFeel lets you selectively decide what things to turn on/off.  So there is CP effects, AccuFeel effects, and then provided aircraft vendor effects ... so it's definitely in need of being aware what comes with any specific aircraft vendor so as to avoid conflicts.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob: Which Accu-Feel features did you turn off on the RealAir aircraft (in P3Dv4)? 

• Upvote 1

Hi! Do I need to purchase Accu-Feel v2 separately for the Accu-Sim Bonanza and Spitfire or is it built in? Which acft are Accu-Feel v2 compatible with? PMDG, FSL and VRS?
Edited by Oskar Speer

1 hour ago, Oskar Speer said:
Hi! Do I need to purchase Accu-Feel v2 separately for the Accu-Sim Bonanza and Spitfire or is it built in? Which acft are Accu-Feel v2 compatible with? PMDG, FSL and VRS?

Accu-feel v2 is not for the A2A aircraft. In addition, it is not recommended to use it with aircraft with sophisticated systems like PMDG, FSL, VRS, Majestic and so...

Accu-feel is more for "basic" aircrafts (Note that basic is not pejorative...).

Regards,

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

2 hours ago, Oskar Speer said:

A2A aeroplanes (or at least most of them these days) have a built-in feature called AccuSim, which is not to be confused with A2A's standalone product AccuFeel. In some case AccuSim was/is a separate purchase (so, for example, you could buy A2A's B-17G Flying Fortress, but if you wanted all the AccuSim fanciness, then you can pay a bit extra for that B-17G's tailor-made AccuSim add on). Not all A2A add-ons have AccuSim (typically their less expensive older products), but in recent years pretty much all of their new add-ons have the feature either built-in, or available as an additional payware function.

In other words, AccuSim is A2A's name for all the fancy stuff they have their add-on aeroplanes do, such as stuff in the cockpit vibrating at certain engine RPM settings, or specific nuances of that particular aircraft's handling, particular airflow noises that aircraft makes at certain speeds etc. It's this which makes A2A aircraft so great. Since they do all that stuff, there is no need to use the standalone AccuFeel to enhance them, they're already enhanced in that way. However...

Since all that stuff is cool, A2A also developed AccuFeel as a standalone product, so that we could inject a bit of that kind of realism into any aeroplane we have installed in our sim. Doing this means they too will then rattle and shake and make airflow slipstream noises for different flying conditions etc, etc. AccuFeel is customisable, so you can fine tune its settings and save those specific settings for any aircraft you apply them to, and it's very good, but it's never going to be quite as good as an actual A2A-developed aircraft where they add really a specific 'feel' to the thing, developed for that exact aeroplane.

A good example of this would be to compare Just Flight's Spitfire Mark 1 to A2A's Spitfire Mark 1: The A2A Spitfire has Accusim, which means that like the real Spitfire, it will make all kinds of bangs and clangs at specific airspeeds and such, it's brakes and tires will squeak and squeal under certain loads just as a real Spit would, and its cockpit will vibrate at the same RPM settings that the real Mark 1 Spitfire would too, so it's a very authentic experience. The Just Flight Spitfire doesn't do any of that stuff, but if you add A2A's AccuFeel to it, then it will do, but apart from the ability to fine tune the AccuFeel settings somewhat, it's not going to be quite as authentic as that A2A Spitfire, since the 'feel' which is injected into it is more generic.

Here's a vid explaining all that:

As far as which aircraft are compatible with AccuFeel is concerned, the answer is simple: They all are, it works with any aeroplabne you have, either payware, freeware or default (the exception is helicopters, it doesn't work with those), but obviously if a specific add-on aeroplane already has some specific effects going on, then it might be the case that AccuFeel wouldn't add much to the experience. Generally speaking though, AccuFeel can usually make an aeroplane in your sim a bit more fun, which is why it's one of those 'must have' add-ons for most people.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, Chock said:

As far as which aircraft are compatible with AccuFeel is concerned, the answer is simple: They all are, it works with any aeroplabne you have, either payware, freeware or default

Just to clarify this, Alan - there are quite a few aircraft I can think of which are very definitely not compatible with Accufeel. Certainly stuff like the FSL A320, I'm 99% certain the Aerosoft Airbuses and also 99% certain most PMDG stuff, for a start, will exhibit anything from odd to downright unusable behaviour if you try and use Accufeel with them.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, skelsey said:

Just to clarify this, Alan - there are quite a few aircraft I can think of which are very definitely not compatible with Accufeel. Certainly stuff like the FSL A320, I'm 99% certain the Aerosoft Airbuses and also 99% certain most PMDG stuff, for a start, will exhibit anything from odd to downright unusable behaviour if you try and use Accufeel with them.

Yup, this is why I wrote this bit: 'obviously if a specific add-on aeroplane already has some specific effects going on, then it might be the case that AccuFeel wouldn't add much to the experience.'

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Is accufeel automatically disabled when you open up say the Comanche, or do you have to disable it manually?

beta.gif

1 hour ago, NeilC said:

Is accufeel automatically disabled when you open up say the Comanche, or do you have to disable it manually?

Automatically disabled 👍

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS