Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

F1 B200 in V4 - Opinions?

Hi all, anyone have some input on the F1 B200 in v4?

Really considering getting this as the Milviz 350 seems to be taking an eternity 😉

Looks like F1 added some features and recompiled specifically for v4.

Really interested to know if the G1000 screen(s) is still heavy on the sim performance?

i know F1 has the refund option but would still like some feedback first. Thx

Edited by GHarrall

It is somehow nice but would I recommend it? No. I've had frequent problems after P3D-Updates or Navdata-Updates.. which makes it quite regularly. Right now it is not loading anymore and I am not very keen to invest a lot of time in it as my hangar is full of great planes. I usually use the RealAir Turbine Duke, when I want to fly a Beechcraft...

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

I've had no issues with it and highly recommend it.  There was one nav update that did not work, but it was quickly fixed.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

3 minutes ago, richbonneau said:

I've had no issues with it and highly recommend it.  There was one nav update that did not work, but it was quickly fixed.

Thanks, but how is the peformance in v4 with the G1000 screens?

I bought the F1 B200 a few months ago and have a fairly high spec computer so assumed it would be ok, however as soon as I turn on the battery and G1000 activates I have terrible stuttering when panning side to side.  I have tried all the recommended fixes on the internet but nothing cures the problem.  All of the PMDG, Majestic and A2A aircraft run as smooth as silk.  Its also the only aircraft that has caused a couple of CTD's during flight - the B200 has got great potential and was everything I was looking for in a GA twin, but to me this stuttering makes it unflyable.

Glen

Glen

1 minute ago, GAJ52 said:

I bought the F1 B200 a few months ago and have a fairly high spec computer so assumed it would be ok, however as soon as I turn on the battery and G1000 activates I have terrible stuttering when panning side to side.  I have tried all the recommended fixes on the internet but nothing cures the problem.  All of the PMDG, Majestic and A2A aircraft run as smooth as silk.  Its also the only aircraft that has caused a couple of CTD's during flight - the B200 has got great potential and was everything I was looking for in a GA twin, but to me this stuttering makes it unflyable.

Glen

Thanks, that's the kind of info I was looking for. I always wanted this but had major concerns about the G1000 ability to suck up performance.

16 minutes ago, GAJ52 said:

Glen

Would you please elaborate a little on your high-spec computer?  Performance characterizations are often in the eye of the beholder, so specifics--CPU type and clock speed, GPU, etc are important data points.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

My computer specs used to be in my signature, don't know what happened.

intel i7-7700K Kaby Lake clocked to 4.6 GHz, Asus Z270F motherboard, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz memory, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Graphics card (390.77 driver), Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, 500GB Samsung 960 EVO SSD, 1TB Crucial MX300 SSD.

Glen

I have it and found the performance quite good.  I did not notice lots of stuttering or anything.  I actually have not flown it in a few months so its not a fresh review but its a great aircraft, hand flies well, G1000 works great.  Not really had any issues and have enjoyed flying it.  It is very good value in my mind for $55 and I don't think you will be disappointed.  By the way my computer is a 8700K running stock clock with 1080Ti video card.  P3D v4.3

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Sim: https://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

hi i bought this about 3 months ago

same as markw above

not flown for a month or two

but found this to be excellent on performance and no stuttering

takes a bit of time to learn how to fly properly very complex in my opinion

you wont be disappointed especially with your system

jeff storey

5 hours ago, GHarrall said:

Thanks, but how is the peformance in v4 with the G1000 screens?

I've only noticed issues when using the pop-out screens.  No problem in the VC at all.  My system is very similar to Mark's above, except that I'm overclocked to 5GHz.

Edited by richbonneau

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case