Sign in to follow this  
essjaye

Have a question about entering data into FMS

I was hoping I could get some assistance trying to understand the correct procedure for entering data into the FMS from the flight plan (simbrief).

There is a section in the Flight Plan Log which specifies Ground Speed and TAS over waypoints. I am not exactly sure what these mean, they seem quite high? Are they in KM/Hour instead of Knots? 

Do I need to enter this data into the FMS ? The FMS appears to calculate the speed automatically, but I presume there needs to be some alignment between the FMS and the flight plan, otherwise none of the timings / TOD would match.

Does the FMS just try and work it all out based on the weather, or do I need to copy in the plane speeds at various waypoints into the FMS?

Thanks for your help!

Once you generate your plan on simbrief and are looking at your briefing, scroll down below the flight plan map and look in the OFP section. In there it will list your CI (Cost Index). It will say something like "CRZ SYS    CI 20"

That CI number is what you will enter into the FMS' PERF INIT page. All your speeds will be controlled by that cost index and the FMS. As well as any speed restrictions that are part of any SIDs or STARs.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?