Sign in to follow this  
DavidEekan

Aircraft not moving at full power

Hi mates, so recently I hot the PMDG 747 QOTS 2, and this is the first flight I did, but the plane doesn’t move fast!!! At maximum thrust it goes about 70kts!, and I can’t do anything to make it lift off, the weight is well below maximum and within limits, and everything seems normal, this happens with a break temperatur And high Tore pressure warning! But I have never done anything out of normal OP to it, Please Help me,

David

5 hours ago, DavidEekan said:

Hi mates, so recently I hot the PMDG 747 QOTS 2, and this is the first flight I did, but the plane doesn’t move fast!!! At maximum thrust it goes about 70kts!, and I can’t do anything to make it lift off, the weight is well below maximum and within limits, and everything seems normal, this happens with a break temperatur And high Tore pressure warning! But I have never done anything out of normal OP to it, Please Help me,

David

That's definitely blown tires.  Not sure what brake applications you were using on your taxi but apply the brakes sparingly.  Accelerate to 20kias, smootly apply brakes reduce speed to 5-10 kts and let the aircraft accelerate on it's own again without adding power during taxi.

• Upvote 2

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Similar to gear up landing... it's really hard to get it to taxi any distance at all!

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Check your hardware to make sure they're calibrated and that you don't have a dragging brake. When you blow your tires, as you have done, it's going to be pretty hard to taxi.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Thanks guys, for all the replies. I didn’t think that PMDG simulated these options but now I try to go easier on the brakes.

regards,

David