Sign in to follow this  
CaptainXYZ

ORBX Help!

Hey guys, wondering if anyone can help...

I don't seem to be getting any ORBX tree autogen on the sim and another usual issue of occasional blurry textures... any suggestions on tweaks/fixes? (** Images Here **)

So far, I've tried re-migration via FTXCentral, re-downloading FTX Trees, and deleting the Terrain.cfg/Prepar3D.cfg files. Even though it's not loading any trees (just houses), the sim takes an age to get from 69% to 80% (Loading auto-generated files) argh!

If there's anything you think I should try or edit/need more info, please fire away - desperate to get this sorted ASAP!

Ta! 😄 (Specs: Acer G277HU 27" (2560 x 1440) @ 60Hz, i7-4790k @ 4.5GHZ, GTX 1080)

I'd go to the Orbx official forums - just google them 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

disable dynamic 3d autogen vegetation (speed trees) in p3d config menu

12 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

disable dynamic 3d autogen vegetation (speed trees) in p3d config menu

Unfortunately, it's already un-ticked!

3 hours ago, CaptainXYZ said:

Hey guys, wondering if anyone can help...

I don't seem to be getting any ORBX tree autogen on the sim and another usual issue of occasional blurry textures... any suggestions on tweaks/fixes? (** Images Here **)

So far, I've tried re-migration via FTXCentral, re-downloading FTX Trees, and deleting the Terrain.cfg/Prepar3D.cfg files. Even though it's not loading any trees (just houses), the sim takes an age to get from 69% to 80% (Loading auto-generated files) argh!

If there's anything you think I should try or edit/need more info, please fire away - desperate to get this sorted ASAP!

Ta! 😄 (Specs: Acer G277HU 27" (2560 x 1440) @ 60Hz, i7-4790k @ 4.5GHZ, GTX 1080)

You deleted the terrain.cfg?  That sounds like trouble to me.

Do you have any backups, like perhaps from a P3D Addon Manager save?  I'd recommend trying to get a pre-deletion copy of that terrain.cfg file back.

If you don't have a backup, perhaps renaming the terrain.cfg and then uninstalling/reinstalling the P3D Content module would get it rebuilt, followed by running FTXCentral at least once to rewrite all the ORBX terrain.cfg entries.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

1 hour ago, w6kd said:

You deleted the terrain.cfg?  That sounds like trouble to me.

Do you have any backups, like perhaps from a P3D Addon Manager save?  I'd recommend trying to get a pre-deletion copy of that terrain.cfg file back.

If you don't have a backup, perhaps renaming the terrain.cfg and then uninstalling/reinstalling the P3D Content module would get it rebuilt, followed by running FTXCentral at least once to rewrite all the ORBX terrain.cfg entries.

Regards

Just gave re-installing Client a go and using both a backed up/a new version of Terrain.cfg after running FTXCentral/re-migrating, to no avail unfortunately 😪

Edited by CaptainXYZ

Delete original terrain.cfg.

Open P3d v4.

Load default flight.

Exit sim (If you check the terrain that cfg you will notice p3d created one for you, but the orbx entries will not be there.)

Open FTX central and run the migration tool. (ORBX will aadd the required entries.)

Open your sim.

You should have your sim back, if not you might need to uninstall trees and reinstall from ftx central.

Good luck.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

12 hours ago, DJJose said:

Delete original terrain.cfg.

Open P3d v4.

Load default flight.

Exit sim (If you check the terrain that cfg you will notice p3d created one for you, but the orbx entries will not be there.)

Open FTX central and run the migration tool. (ORBX will aadd the required entries.)

Open your sim.

You should have your sim back, if not you might need to uninstall trees and reinstall from ftx central.

Good luck.

No luck still...

The migration tool has made the entries into the new terrain.cfg file, but still sim looks exactly the same.. even after re-installing FTX trees!

15 hours ago, tooting said:

I thought p3d makes a new one if you delete it ?

P3D creates a fresh copy of the default .cfg file(s). You lose everything else that was added on top of the default entries or has been altered in any way.

IMHO, deleting a config file should only be used as a last resort, and only when you keep a backup copy. You don't know which addon may have altered the file in what way, so you would have to reinstall all of them.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Yeah. It sounds like a corrupted AutoGen descriptions file.

Maybe a P3d Client & Scenery reinstall can bring everything back?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

27 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Cheers - will probably just do a full re-install (reluctantly)!

Thanks for all the suggestions/help - greatly appreciated 😊

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

1 hour ago, CaptainXYZ said:

Why people are so eager to install new all the time... I have installed v4 exactly one time and using it with 100s of sceneries and had also similare problems... nothing what can't be fixed... and yours is exactly that... not a big deal...

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

1 hour ago, CaptainXYZ said:

Wonder if I'm too late to add to this.

Before you do a reinstall try this. Delete "terrain.cfg". Run P3D to rebuild a default "terrain.cfg" then shut P3D down. Rename the folder "ORBX\User Documents\Versions" or move it to a safe place. Run FTX Central and it should tell you everything needs to be installed. Do it as you don't know which of your many sceneries got the "terrain.cfg" corrupted. Follow any advice about rebooting and see if that helped your problem.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe