Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eurosky

CLS Eclipse...what do you think?

I bought it last night. I'm pretty impressed. Once I got through the eccentric GPS and Radio idiosyncracies, it was enjoyable. The frames certainly DO NOT suffer with this plane in that it's a pretty simple model by CLS standards. Finding the hot spots on the panel to make things work is challenging, I think, and probably could have been made way simpler.Overall, I think the more I fly her, the more comfortable I'll get with everything. Stan

Hi there,Not too many reactions so I guess people pass this one on or they don't like it and don't dare to admit it.Good to hear you like it. It looks like a fun plane although I'm not totally convinced about the CLS concept. I know they are making nice aircraft not too complex in the systems programming but that's a shortcoming as far as I'm concerned. So how's the Avidyne being programmed qua functionality...and how's the sound? aliased to the Lear? I like to eye candy stuff however...Have fun!Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest thedoggg

The Eclipse is part of a sort of new concept in buisness jet design. The light buisness jet. I haven't tried this one yet but it seems interesting and it's on my list of future purchases. I did see a picture of the Cessna Mustang (real aviation) being developed,which is another light buisness jet and it is way cool, especially the flight deck with 3 lcd's similar to the Eclipse.Regards, Carlos

>The Eclipse is part of a sort of new concept in buisness jet>design. The light buisness jet. I haven't tried this one yet>but it seems interesting and it's on my list of future>purchases. I did see a picture of the Cessna Mustang (real>aviation) being developed,which is another light buisness jet>and it is way cool, especially the flight deck with 3 lcd's>similar to the Eclipse.>>Regards, CarlosIt's a "VLJ", Very Light Jet design. ;):)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

The Eclipse 500 VLJ uses a sytem called Avio while the Cessna Mustang VLJ uses a special version of G1000 with an extra large MFD in the center.The Avio system is by Avidyne and has a similar appearance to our Avidyne EX5000 series but is much more complex in its operation :-)Both the real world Eclipse Avio and the Mustang G1000 are extremely powerful and complex...they will do not only make your toast but butter it as well:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The Eclipse has its own sound, not alised to the Lear. It's a very stable, fast, and enjoybale jet to fly, and I don't think the price is out of line for what you get. Yes, I've seen and bought better looking and functioning planes, but usually at a higher cost. Although, I should say that there are many, many freeware aircraft that have brought me the highest satisfaction.I'd love to hear what other Eclipse owners think. Stan

Hi all,I thought a few descriptive words may help some people.The CLS panel was based on the Avidyne systems. At the time, details of the panel were unknown, but you could see in the available pictures that the Avio PFD and MFD looked similar to the Avidyne. The PFD was coded as the FlightMax Entegra PFD, with a small number of features not modelled, like the failure pages, to save on frame rates, etc. You need to download the product manual for use to cover the multitude of functions. In addition, there is an ADF1 channel and bearing pointer (orange), and sophisticated systems are built-in, For example, when on a back course, the CDI is automatically switched to display correctly; there is no BC button on the AP. The gauge recognizes that the localizer is greater than 90

>"CLS will not know what the final panel will look like."Correct Nick, as an Avidyne partner, we are sure that you will not know the final iteration of the Avio system.Is this done in C++/GDI+ or XML?:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Thanks Nick for the elaborate explanation of the panel features. much appreciated. How's the beast on the frames with all the features?Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest Eurosky

Hard to say really. We get very different reports. If your PC can handle addons like PMDG planes, LDS 767, PSS ones etc. Then this one is ok too. If your FS runs 8 fps with the default 747, then you might get trouble. But in general, if your PC can handle FS smoothly (more then 18 fps with default config) then I dont think the E500 will be a problem. Nick made the center display in parts which you can switch off, this helps alot to improve fps (switch on/off all the time, so when you dont need one of the systems you can switch it off)