Sign in to follow this  
mattking247

Please help with ACE contact (yes, I too was duped)

I know I am not the first (or likely last) to post here about ACE products, however, I started a new topic as I am looking for your help too.... 

I ordered 2 x 777 desktop yokes in March of this year.  I was told it would be a month or 2 until shipment, which was fine. Then as that time came round there was no contact at all for weeks.  Finally I got an answer saying the yokes were in production and are a couple of weeks out. Finally a few more months went by and I heard from them Aug 4th saying that the yokes had finally arrived with them and they would ship Wednesday the following week.  It is now several weeks later, and again I have since heard nothing. This story so far is not unusual for ACE and has been posted about several times before.  However, I then dared to post something negative on their facebook site saying that I was still waiting for an order that was put in months ago, and what was the status of the order?  I (as a few others) now seem to have been blocked from sending them FB messages, and my post deleted from their FB site. As this was the only method of communication I had with the company, I am looking if anyone has any ideas how I can contact them?? Has anyone had any luck with this?  I have also emailed both Darryl and ali@737yoke email addresses, but neither have ever answered a single email. I tried a phone number listed on the older ACE Yoke website, but a random person answered saying they had no idea who that was. 

Any help or ideas you guys have would be more than appreciated!

Matt, I think you have to accept these are not reliable people to do business with.

I hope you paid any deposit by credit card. Contact your credit card company, explain the situation and follow it up in writing and request any monies are paid back into your account.

If you get your money back as you should, put it down to experience.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If you are in the UK, it would be time to contact the Trading Standards Office, or, I think I'm right in saying that the US equivalent of that would be the Better Business Bureau, in other countries it might be a Chamber of Commerce or some such. Either way, if it is in any way a legitimate business, a nudge from organisations such as these can often help to resolve things. If they are a dodgy company though, it probably won't help much to contact these kinds of organisations, however, it can sometimes provide you with additional information about the trader (if you know what I mean :wink:). 

As Ray says, if it was a credit card payment you made (and in some cases a debit card with some banks) it is likely that you could submit a report and your payment would be insured and could be refunded, however, do this as soon as possible as there is a relatively short time limit on being able to make such complaints before you won't be able to do so.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks for the assistance guys.  I think they are a Canadian company, so I will look into that.  I wish I had paid by credit card.  I was building an Airbus home cockpit and decided to switch to a 777.  I exchanged 2 working side sticks, 2 tillers and a Throttletek Airbus Throttle box for the 2 x 777 desktop yokes, as Ali was interested in them.  I can't even ask for them back as I have no way of contacting them anymore.  I do have receipts for the shipment of stuff I sent to them though, so at least that is something.  Anyway, I will keep looking into it. 

Thanks again.

Good luck Matt. I hope you can reach a satisfactory resolution.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@mattking247, have you considered telling AvSim staff about your problems? In the Hangar Section there are a few warnings about not buying from some 'retailers' because of problems encountered.

It seems to me that potential ACE customers should be made aware of customer issues.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

There are out of Brampton.

A C E

18 Upwood Pl
Brampton, ON L6R 1T3, Canada 
Phone: (905) 598-3608 

Aircraft Controls Engineering
Phone: (905) 598-3608
  • Name: Haroon Anwar
    Job Title: Proprietor

I had issues my self with a 737 Desktop Yoke and getting it after significant delays.  I informed them that I would be filing a Fraud complaint with the Police as per my Friends suggestion -- a Toronto Metro Detective.

They responded immediately and shipped me a unit -- it was broken.  I met up with them (Ali) in Toronto to exchange the broken part.  To be honest I think that they supplied me with a used unit from their desk or "prototype".....  Anyway after a couple of months the Board in it died and they took months and months -- finally no more responses.  I was lucky.  The controller in them is a Leo Bodnar board and those guys are fantastic and replaced it for me.  Still to this day I don't get any information as to where my replacement board is.....HMMMMM????

I have been intending to release a "open box" and then a Review Video about it.....Sounds like I am not the only one having issues with them.

Les O'Reilly

Thank you for the help. I am going to try calling as they won’t respond to any of my messages. Will report back. If that doesn’t work then I may go down the same route as you and look into fraud.

@LesOReilly, I tried to call the number you posted above, but it said not assigned.  Do you happen to have any other numbers for ACE at all? How did you finally get through to the company when they sent you your items and to arrange to meet with Ali?

Thanks

Edited by mattking247

****UPDATE***

Well, I am finally at the point where I think I am giving up.  I have exhausted all methods of contact with ACE and still nothing.  My advice when considering buying from them.... DON'T!!!!

Darryl Sheppard was working for ACE a while ago. I'm not sure if he's still there. A couple of years ago he was planning to turn around the bad customer service....apparently that didn't work.  His FB https://www.facebook.com/darryl.sheppard

I got a 737 desktop yoke from them about 18 months ago. It's still working great. I guess I was one of the lucky few.

Sorry was travelling.  I found that a while back when searching for them.  Guess it does not work.  The only contact method that actually took place was via Messenger app (facebook).  I should have taken a picture of his license plate when I had the chance.  That said not sure that would help too much for you.

Les O'Reilly