Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

EZ-Doc vs Chaseplane

Hi

I've been thinking about purchasing a camera tool, such as EZ-Doc or Chaseplane, but I was wondering which one would be the best product for FS. I've watch several videos, such as those put out by FroogleSim and others, that give their impressions on the products. In one video, it was suggested that EZ-Doc actually uses the flight dynamics of the aircraft addon and messes with the files in order to make their product work. I don't know if that's true but one thing for sure, I don't want an addon that messes with the files of another addon, such as the flight dynamics of the addon which claims accurate flight dynamics. That sort of turns me away from EZ-Doc, but to me from watching the videos regarding the two, EZ-Doc seems to be smoother and the Splash in EZ-Doc seems to be more realistic than in Chaseplane. And most of them prefer the Chaseplane over the EZ-Doc. I did happen to notice that the guy giving his impressions on the Chaseplane did not have a very good graphics card because everything seems so jerky, and I supposed that is the reason why it did not seem very smooth. Does Chaseplane have everything that EZ-Doc provides and for those of you who have both products, EZ-Doc version 2.0 and Chaseplane, which ones do you recommend?

Ken Manning 

Edited by kmanning

my  vote  is  for  chase  plane  due  to the  fact  it  works  straight  out of  the  box   without  much  trouble,  the  dev  is  most helpful in  solving  your  issues  and  always  is  updating  all  the time  to make  it  better.

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I agree with Pete, I have both, yes, I also think Ezdok has smoother camera movement and better effects, but as Pete said the ease of use beats Ezdok hands down.  

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Hi!

I just want to point out that EZdok doesn't use physics and dynamics from addon models. Ezdok has one of its features that is compatible not for all aircraft - it is shaking the fuselage, allowing you to make interesting effects on light aircraft. This feature can be disabled, so as not to disturb the physics of complex models such as PMDG, Majestic, etc.

And we as developers are proud of the effects processor to accurately simulate the shaking of the head of the pilot and camera.

In addition, we have direct integration with HIFI Active Sky allowing us to take real-time turbulence information from the weather engine.

Edited by Nickbe
  • Upvote 1

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

To be fair, I think EZdok v2 pretty much works "out of the box" too. Version 1 was a nightmare to set up.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I've never used Chase Plane, but I'm of the mindset to not change if change isn't required.  I am pleased with EzDok support as well - generally very fast response to inquiries and updates.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

The requirement of ChasePlane to store aircraft profiles online concerns me.

Additionally I did not like the developer's public bashing on Ezdok Camera in their initial blog entry and promo video. That was 2016, so maybe all is fine between them by now, and certainly this does not directly affect the quality of the software.

Both, Ezdok Camera 2 and ChasePlane look good, so it is hard to recommend one above the other.

The additional features of Ezdok Camera 2 can be disabled on a per-aircraft basis if needed, so you can mix and match to get the result you like.

As always, prefer the Opus FSI camera and effects myself.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

As always, prefer the Opus FSI camera and effects myself.

Ditto

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Once there was a question about the impact of Ezdok2 on the behavior of PMDG 737 when landing on ILS. I then made a couple of videos, first in P3D3, then in P3D4 to prove that EZdok2 doesn't interfere with the autopilot.

In the first video landing turned out a little to the right of the line, most likely it is a problem with ULLI old scenary, but the second Video proved that EZdok is good friends with PMDG. Below are both of these videos, you can see how the effects of the camera in EZdok v2.

P3D3:

P3D4:

• Like 1

I really want to see a video of ChasePlane making reality in a flight simulator. Let someone on the video show what ChasePlane effects. All I've seen is usually ChasePlane users have all effects off. Show me a good effect of Chase Plane in real operation and I believe that this program also has a focus on realism.

Edited by Nickbe

If I'm not mistaken, the a/c in those two videos (above) are not PMDG 737s, but instead appear to be iFLY 737. Some one please confirm or correct me if I'm wrong. 

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

16 hours ago, Nickbe said:

Hi!

I just want to point out that EZdok doesn't use physics and dynamics from addon models. Ezdok has one of its features that is compatible not for all aircraft - it is shaking the fuselage, allowing you to make interesting effects on light aircraft. This feature can be disabled, so as not to disturb the physics of complex models such as PMDG, Majestic, etc.

And we as developers are proud of the effects processor to accurately simulate the shaking of the head of the pilot and camera.

In addition, we have direct integration with HIFI Active Sky allowing us to take real-time turbulence information from the weather engine.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for pointing out that EZ-Dok does not use physics and dynamics from any of the addons. The vibrations, or the shaking of the fuselage is jut one of the things I've liked about EZ-Dok. If I remember correctly, it depends on how hard you make you landings, which would be realistic. I like that, and I want that effect, not only in just smaller aircrafts, but also in larger ones, like the PMDG, as long as they don't mess with their physics, and you mentioned that EZ-Dok dose not use any of its physics from an addon. I want it to be realistic and the camera to shake based on how hard the aircraft lands. Since smaller aircrafts, like the Cessnas, do no use hydraulics in the landing gear as oppose to commercials planes that do use them, where the struts are compressed to absorb all that weight on landing, I wonder if EZ-Dok and Chaseplane take those physics into account. I've noticed that both EZ-Dok and Chaseplane put all of these added features where one can vary, or adjust the physical effects of the shakes, head movements, and other physical motions that would be unrealistic. But I don't go for all of that. I just want it to be realistic and have real world physics.

Ken Manning

Edited by kmanning

12 minutes ago, kmanning said:

Hi Nick,

Thanks for pointing out that EZ-Dok does not use physics and dynamics from any of the addons. The vibrations, or the shaking of the fuselage is jut one of the things I've liked about EZ-Dok. If I remember correctly, it depends on how hard you make you landings, which would be realistic. I like that, and I want that effect, not only in just smaller aircrafts, but also in larger ones, like the PMDG, as long as they don't mess with their physics, and you mentioned that EZ-Dok dose not use any of its physics from an addon. I want it to be realistic and the camera to shake based on how hard the aircraft lands. Since smaller aircrafts, like the Cessnas, do no use hydraulics in the landing gear as oppose to commercials planes that do use them, where the struts are compressed to absorb all that weight on landing, I wonder if EZ-Dok and Chaseplane take those physics into account. I've noticed that both EZ-Dok and Chaseplane put all of these added features where one can vary, or adjust the physical effects of the shakes, head movements, and other physical motions that would be unrealistic. But I don't go for all of that. I just want it to be realistic and have real world physics.

Ken Manning

I don’t mean to beat a dead horse here but opus fsi cameras do take this into account and the effects of a large aircraft or small are user selectable for the camera. See this excerpt from the product literature.

“Live Camera features a Dynamic Head Movement (DHM) or 'camera shake' option utilizing actual real-life captured 3D accelerometer for the taxiing, takeoff, and landing phases of flight. The DHM is configured within and associated with each camera view. In order to produce the most realistic head movement, all DHMs are based on actual real-life 3D accelerometer data, captured on Boeing 737-800 airliners and a Europa XS Tri-Gear light aircraft. Special low pass filters have been developed to remove all traces of engine vibration. We have conducted extensive taxiing trials, multiple takeoffs and landings on hard surfaced runways to prepare the accelerometer data. Data comparisons between heavy and light aircraft have also allowed us to mimic the speed dependencies and subtle changes in the natural frequency within the captured data. The end result is an ultra-realistic flight simulator experience.”

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi.htm

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/opusfsi_v5_live_camera.htm

Edited by GHarrall
  • Upvote 1