Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

Making the Weather Radar Work in the 737NGX

I have a question regarding using the radar in the PMDG 737NGX. According to the manual, it states that Active Sky is required to make the radar images display weather, and I assume it would display on the ND. Will it also work using the Rex WX Advantage Radar? After installing the Rex WX Advantage Radar, I've noticed that it has it's own radar gauge and the weather is displayed on it instead of the ND in the PMDG NGX, which is what I prefer. But I don't know if the WX Advantage Radar works with the PMDG 737NGX in that way. But it has it's own gauge. At the time of release of the 737 NGX, the Rex WX Advantage Radar had not been released. So, I'm wondering if the Rex WX Advantage Radar will work, or display the radar images on the 737 ND as it should. If I were to get the Active Sky, would the radar images display on the 737 ND or would it have it's own gauge as the Rex WX Advantage Radar did?

Ken Manning    

no  at  this  stage  only  active  sky  will  work,  if  you  would  get  the latest  active  sky   it  would  show  up  on  your  nd,  providing  you  fly  in  rain  and  have  detail  clouds  enabled  in your  settings

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

13 hours ago, pete_auau said:

no  at  this  stage  only  active  sky  will  work,  if  you  would  get  the latest  active  sky   it  would  show  up  on  your  nd,  providing  you  fly  in  rain  and  have  detail  clouds  enabled  in your  settings

Thanks Pete.

If I get the one for FSX, it would be the Active Sky 2016? That's the only one I see for that platform. So, will that one place the radar image on the ND, or the aircraft that I'm flying equip with a radar? I think it comes with the WX radar, but I want my radar to show up on the aircraft's ND that I'm flying and not a pop-up radar gauge. Also, I've been hearing about this Active Sky Next. What is the difference between Active Sky 2016 and Active Sky Next, and is one better than the other? I also have P3Dv4, but it would cost about $95.00 or $100.00 to get both.

Ken.

Edited by kmanning

You are asking a lot of questions about Active Sky in a PMDG forum.. HiFi has a great forum: https://hifisimtech.com/forums/

AS2016 succeeded ASN, they both work with FSX.  P3Dv4 is a 64b application that only works with ASP4.  More and more you are going to find holding on to FSX a loosing proposition.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, downscc said:

You are asking a lot of questions about Active Sky in a PMDG forum.. HiFi has a great forum: https://hifisimtech.com/forums/

AS2016 succeeded ASN, they both work with FSX.  P3Dv4 is a 64b application that only works with ASP4.  More and more you are going to find holding on to FSX a loosing proposition.

Oh, so I guess you're saying that Active Sky Next is older and was released before Active Sky 2016.

I posted here because my questions regarding the Active Sky are relative to the PMDG 737NGX. To use the forum link you posted, YOU MUST post your license key when you register. That means you have to purchase an Active Sky product before you can even register for the forum.

Ken.

Edited by kmanning

3 hours ago, kmanning said:

Oh, so I guess you're saying that Active Sky Next is older and was released before Active Sky 2016.

I posted here because my questions regarding the Active Sky are relative to the PMDG 737NGX. To use the forum link you posted, YOU MUST post your license key when you register. That means you have to purchase an Active Sky product before you can even register for the forum.

Ken.

http://hifisimtech.com/

click on the  product option  tab  on top  to show  the list

here  is  the  products  that  you  can  choose  for  what type  of  sim  your  using,  you  can post  in the general  section  of  the  hifi  forum with out  owning  any  of  the  products.   

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

15 hours ago, pete_auau said:

http://hifisimtech.com/

click on the  product option  tab  on top  to show  the list

here  is  the  products  that  you  can  choose  for  what type  of  sim  your  using,  you  can post  in the general  section  of  the  hifi  forum with out  owning  any  of  the  products.   

That's exactly where I tried to post, but that does not make any difference. Before I can post anything, I first have to register. But you cannot register without a product key. On the registration page under 'Additional Required Information (profile)', it says under the box:

"To receive support and participate in these forums you must include your order # or license key (registered or trial) for the product(s) you are requesting support for. Support will NOT be given to users who do not provide a valid order # or license key. This information is visible only to staff/admins and is NOT public."

When I skipped that box, it did not register me and prompted me to enter a license key. So it is required, but personally, I don't see the sense for this. I can understand if you're asking for support. So even if you're not asking for support and just want to participate in the forum, you still have to enter a license key when you register for the forum. It will not allow me to register unless I put a valid license key in this box. It does say "registered or trial," so I'll have to download a trial version and then register. But usually you don't get a license key until after you've purchased the product. Maybe it's some other text I put in such as "Trial."

Ken.

Edited by kmanning

8 hours ago, kmanning said:

That's exactly where I tried to post, but that does not make any difference. Before I can post anything, I first have to register. But you cannot register without a product key. On the registration page under 'Additional Required Information (profile)', it says under the box:

"To receive support and participate in these forums you must include your order # or license key (registered or trial) for the product(s) you are requesting support for. Support will NOT be given to users who do not provide a valid order # or license key. This information is visible only to staff/admins and is NOT public."

When I skipped that box, it did not register me and prompted me to enter a license key. So it is required, but personally, I don't see the sense for this. I can understand if you're asking for support. So even if you're not asking for support and just want to participate in the forum, you still have to enter a license key when you register for the forum. It will not allow me to register unless I put a valid license key in this box. It does say "registered or trial," so I'll have to download a trial version and then register. But usually you don't get a license key until after you've purchased the product. Maybe it's some other text I put in such as "Trial."

Ken.

thought  you  would  be  able  to  post  in the general  section at least, looks  like  you  cant  cant  see  why  you  wouldn't be  able  to,  anyway  see  this  link  for   downloads  for  trial  version

http://hifisimtech.com/downloads/#AS2016

Peter kelberg