Sign in to follow this  
Guest easytigerJet

AI traffic file causes CTD

Guest easytigerJet

Hi peopleBeing a bit of a pedant on the AI traffic front, I like to keep my virtual skies as up to date as possible. Recently after installing a new flightplan, the sim has been CTDing, either on scenery load (loading to 98% then crashing), or after quitting the sim. Does anyone know of a tool that will debug a traffic.bgl, or whether there is something I should be doing to sort out this issue?Thanks in advance for any help.Rob

Has anything changed with your installed AI aircraft themselves? I had a similar problem once when I was trying to create realistic AI out of my hometown airport. Part of the project was to paint up a variation of the default C172 to match the rental plane that students fly there. I did the paintjob in PhotoShop but forgot to run the textures through DXTbmp or Imagetool. When I tried to load up a flight to see my new AI in action, the sim kept crashing as your did while loading the flight. Just a thought.Other than that, I'd try decompiling the .bgl with Traffic Tools and then re-compile it again. TT's error reporting feature may give you a clue where to start.Jim

Guest easytigerJet

Thanks - I've gone through the various places that cause errors (aircraft textures, duplicate AFCADs, scenery layers, aircraft.cfgs, replaced the Eurw bgls, the usual) and the problem seems to have gone. Another FS9 mystery...Rob