Sign in to follow this  
Paul Kane

SimMarket.com over charging?

Guest Keyno-onyeK

The charge i see, is from SimMarket, my bank does not charge me.Yes if its not excessive, but what if everyone is getting overbilled 10-25cents USD? That concern was why i posted the message.

SimMarket gets paid EurosThey don't get paid dollars - so if your dollar amount varies - their Euro payment doesn'tNow their bank may make an extra fee charge for certain types of transactionsAs I said, whether it's AlphaSim, SimMarket or whomever - whenever the transaction occurs in a currency other than dollars - I almost always see a slightly difference in the final charge.Heck, even PayPal does it.And there is this disclaimer very prominent on the SimMarket main page where you choose a currencyAll sales based on Euro. Other currencies shown as reference only!

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

Jeff, could you PM me? I have something off-this-topic to ask you about related to another post you made that caught my eye. Thanks. -jeff (CowlFlapsOpen)

The person/company placing the charge is credited with the amount they charged in the currency they charged it at.The creditcard company charges the card holder with the amount in the exchange rate the credit card was taken out in at the moment the transaction was processed by them.If the transaction is using paper slips that may be a few days later than the actual sale (and then often will use day-close rates for the currencies involved).If the transaction is electronic it's usually immediate.