Sign in to follow this  
Jooruts

Buying new desktop and monitor

Hi guys, I am considering buying the Asus ROG STRIX GL12CM with specs: Intel Core i7-8700K 6-Core / 3.7 GHz - 4,7 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB, 16 GB DDR4 2666MHz (8 GB*2), 512GB PCIE M.2 SSD Hyper Drive + 1TB 7200RPM HDD, DVD-RW 8x, AC Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 4x USB-A 2.0, 6x USB-A 3.1 Gen1, 2x USB-C 3.1, Windows 10 64-bit

And I use FSX:SE with add ons like PMDG, Captain Sim, Aerosoft, Flytampa, Mytraffic, ORBX Global & Vector and so on..

Will that desktop be enough? Or is it too much overkill? What would you guys recommend? 

And with the monitor I consider ASUS 24" MG248QR - Black - 1 ms AMD FreeSync, with specs: LED-screen with AMD FreeSync technology, 24", 1920 x 1080, 144 hz update, TN panel, 350 cd/m2, 1000:1, 1 ms, betragtningsvinkel: 170° (Horisontal) / 160° (Vertikal), DVI-D / DisplayPort / HDMI / 3.5mm MiniJack tilslutning, indbygget 4 watt højttalere, med højdejustering & pivot, sort

How will the fsx run with these settings? I wish to fly in bigger airports with dense traffic with all settings maxed out or close to it atleast - all that with minimal lagging, speed or memory problems.

Pls help

your existing puter is good enough for FSX

....if your new puter specs was a masters paper on puter hardware for popular simming i'd make you register for fall classes. :-)

44 minutes ago, FunknNasty said:

your existing puter is good enough for FSX

....if your new puter specs was a masters paper on puter hardware for popular simming i'd make you register for fall classes. 🙂

How would you describe the perfomance, is it mid-range, over-mid range or top-performance?

4 hours ago, Jooruts said:

How would you describe the perfomance, is it mid-range, over-mid range or top-performance?

Well, you won't have a true appreciation of the new hardware with FSX ....so the specs might be a lil over the top.

You really should spend a lil more time researching each and every component on the list before you buy, to make sure the hardware compliment one another. I invested 8 to16 hours of time reading before buying the hardware I use.

This desktopi is really nice for P3D, but for Fsx it’s a overkill

Sorry but an 8Gb card is wasted on FSX. It can’t take advantage of the memory. 3Gb would suffice.

You really need to get P3D v4 to take full advantage. And have you considered a UHD display rather than Full HD?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather