Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

Drzewiecki Seattle?

Hi,

has anybody bought it and is able to recommend it? How is the performance?

Yes, I bought it.  Not overly impressed - not much better than Mr X’s fantastic freeware stuff.  Don’t get me wrong, it’s Good, but you could use the money on something better.

I was looking for something to replace my tired old X-Plane 10 Seattle payware. I fly often to and from SEA-TAC so I might give it a spin.

Might go for the city but keep Mr X6's airports - will hang on for their next sale which seem to happen fairly often.

I really like it. It's expensive but for the price you're getting 5 very nicely detailed airports. The quality is fantastic and the airports look as good as one could hope for in a sim. Also, the terminal interiors are very realistic and look much better when sitting at the gate before a flight than staring at a painted wall made to look like a window. (I'm not sure what everybody is talking about with MisterX- he doesn't have any Seattle scenery and hasn't announced plans to make any. While his freeware stuff is amazing DD's Seattle, being payware, looks like it has much better quality and is on par with his payware stuff). There are, however, issues: 

1) Performance. This is a pretty heavy scenery- I'd say the performance is on par with what you'd get in New York. I have an i5-8600k Overclocked to 5.1ghz, a 1080Ti, a great cooling system and DDR4 Ram and I get about ~25-30 FPS at KSEA with the FF A320. So, this is a taxing scenery and you should stay away from it if you have anything less than a high end system: after all why get a beautiful scenery if you can't fly into it without bringing your sliders all the way left. 

2) Terrain. With forkboy's ortho package there are several issues with terrain plateaus and floating buildings around all the airports. I've heard there are similar issues with self-generated Ortho4XP tiles. However the scenery hasn't been out for very long so hopefully there will be a fix in the future (it's the main topic of discussion in the DD forums right now). 

3) Static planes are an all off or all on deal. You can't turn off static planes at KSEA (to use AI traffic) but keep the planes on the assembly line at BFI or PAE. 

So, overall, if you have a weaker system and rarely if ever fly into Seattle, $40 for this package will be way too much for you. But if you like the area (it is a good match for Airfoillabs' KAWO, Propstrike's sceneries, and a whole bunch of good freeware airports in BC, Canada) and have a powerful system you might like it quite a bit. 

1 hour ago, olderndirt said:

Might go for the city but keep Mr X6's airports - will hang on for their next sale which seem to happen fairly often.

That´s my plan too 🙂

41 minutes ago, hmn434 said:

I really like it. It's expensive but for the price you're getting 5 very nicely detailed airports. The quality is fantastic and the airports look as good as one could hope for in a sim. Also, the terminal interiors are very realistic and look much better when sitting at the gate before a flight than staring at a painted wall made to look like a window. (I'm not sure what everybody is talking about with MisterX- he doesn't have any Seattle scenery and hasn't announced plans to make any. While his freeware stuff is amazing DD's Seattle, being payware, looks like it has much better quality and is on par with his payware stuff). There are, however, issues: 

1) Performance. This is a pretty heavy scenery- I'd say the performance is on par with what you'd get in New York. I have an i5-8600k Overclocked to 5.1ghz, a 1080Ti, a great cooling system and DDR4 Ram and I get about ~25-30 FPS at KSEA with the FF A320. So, this is a taxing scenery and you should stay away from it if you have anything less than a high end system: after all why get a beautiful scenery if you can't fly into it without bringing your sliders all the way left. 

2) Terrain. With forkboy's ortho package there are several issues with terrain plateaus and floating buildings around all the airports. I've heard there are similar issues with self-generated Ortho4XP tiles. However the scenery hasn't been out for very long so hopefully there will be a fix in the future (it's the main topic of discussion in the DD forums right now). 

3) Static planes are an all off or all on deal. You can't turn off static planes at KSEA (to use AI traffic) but keep the planes on the assembly line at BFI or PAE. 

So, overall, if you have a weaker system and rarely if ever fly into Seattle, $40 for this package will be way too much for you. But if you like the area (it is a good match for Airfoillabs' KAWO, Propstrike's sceneries, and a whole bunch of good freeware airports in BC, Canada) and have a powerful system you might like it quite a bit. 

Many thanks for your insights! First i would buy the city and i will wait for an Org-Sale for the airports. But good to know that the quality is good. I hope they will fix all problems.

I have it in P3D, not XP11. But most of their stuff is unsurpassed cityscapes, but mediocre airports. They’re a huge step up from default, but no where near top of the line dedicated 3rd party airport developers. 

Eric Szczesniak

I see I'm using "Boeing Country 10.5" rather than Mr X6 - amyway they'll do for now.

Seattle is the nearest big city to where I live, so I'll probably have to get the city package. Flying over it, even with reduced frame rate, has to be more fun than actually driving a car into the city. The one thing that won't look realistic in the scenery, is that X-Plane can't possibly generate enough autogen cars jammed up on the roads.

I'll pass on the airports, since I mostly fly out of smaller ones, and up north in BC.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

11 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

Hi,

I really like it.  I'm primarily a P3D user, but I'm installing all the DD sceneries in XP because I really like them.  I made this video covering the whole area: 

Edited by Luis_KMIA
  • Like 1

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I think it looks great and is the best available for Seattle at the moment.

I am hoping they make Las Vegas someday!

Edited by Pugilist2

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

13 hours ago, kfd said:

Yes, I bought it.  Not overly impressed - not much better than Mr X’s fantastic freeware stuff.  Don’t get me wrong, it’s Good, but you could use the money on something better.

Their Miami/NY add-ons was awful! It was just fsx port that didn't use any xp native tech. I wonder if the quality has improved? Hows the night lighting?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

15 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

Hi,

I used to be a critic of DD's work, but in my opinion they did a great job with both the Airport, Downtown and surrounding area.  This will include Boeing Field and a terrific rendition of the air museum (not sure why the did that though).  

Anyway, I was very happy with both these DD products, which work seamlessly with one another.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks for all input! I did buy the city and i like it. For the airports i wait for an update and a sale.

18 hours ago, Luis_KMIA said:

I really like it.  I'm primarily a P3D user, but I'm installing all the DD sceneries in XP because I really like them.  I made this video covering the whole area: 

Scenery is ok but you have a take-off warning due to problems with the ZIBO 737 spoiler/speedbrake handle.
Unable to keep the handle in the correct position. Glad 😞 to hear that i'm not the only one with this annoying
problem.
Regards -  Jo va Bra