Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Why is FS Tramp so unknown?

LittleNavMap is incredibly....Great!

Regards,

• Like 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

30€ for one year(vat included) when i have LittleNavMap for free, i tried the demo a while ago and dindt understand the price tag...maybe is dovetail games behind it :ph34r:

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

It looks not bad but I use little nav map or FS-FlightControl which is fitting with my needs (following the flight).. and then PFPX for Flight plans 😃

Edited by Julia

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

One off pricing - no problem. To me it is not a utility that justifies a subscription model. Little Nav Map is better, not only on pricing.

David Porrett

Can Little Navmap be run from inside the sim (eg without alt-tabbing out)?

Not saying that by itself would justify the price tag, just wondering. Seems like a very useful feature in FS Tramp.

James

It's so unknown for a few reasons...

First, it has a very poorly-chosen name which isn't exactly what you'd call search engine optimised. If I were searching for a flight planning or navigation utility, would the word 'tramp' likely be one of those I'd type into that Google text box to kick off my quest for what's out there? Nah, I'd type, 'plan', 'planner', 'map', 'nav' etc. I'm willing to bet most people would do the same. So really it's only common sense to call your utility something along the lines of Wonder Nav Planner or some such, as opposed to something more obtuse, such as Super Hobo or whatever.

Quite apart from that, the word Tramp also implies wandering aimlessly, which isn't a trait I'd want to associate with a flight planner. Failing this, I'd have thrown an X in there somewhere, and gone for the X-Plane market, where decent flight planners are not quite so in abundance.

Actually, the only reason I'd heard of FS Tramp was by accident: I was bored a few weeks ago, so I went through all the product pages on simmarket to see what was out there, and I came across it that way. It had no reviews despite being listed as on sale since January of this year, which, whilst not exactly the ultimate condemnation, is still not a good sign.

Which brings me to the second problem, 45 Euros for an 18 month licence. When I saw that, my immediate thought was: You've got to be kidding right? My next thought was: No wonder I've never heard of the thing before, I can't imagine anyone suggesting this as something worth looking into, although to be fair, there is a demo to allow people to make that determination for themselves. But...

When there are several freeware, donationware and one-shot payment rivals to a product which is hoping to charge a recurring fee, I strongly supect that nobody in their right mind is going to go with that kind of pricing policy. But what makes that worse is, because you don't exactly need to be Maynard Keynes to work out that it isn't likely to keep going under those circumstances, ironically, that gives you even less reason to want to commit to buying a subscription for it.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, honanhal said:

I don't think it can. That's a nice and different feature of FS Tramp.

2 hours ago, Chock said:

45 Euros for an 18 month licence

At SimMarket it's priced at Eur 37,81 (18 mo license), still expensive, but not as 45. Anyway I agree the price tag is way too high.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

3 hours ago, Chock said:

…….because you don't exactly need to be Maynard Keynes to work out that it isn't likely to keep going under those circumstances, ironically, that gives you even less reason to want to commit to buying a subscription for it.

That's the real, logical, personal financial reason not to pay a subscription fee for it.

• Upvote 1

Rick Ryan

For me it became a MUST TO HAVE TOOL; using it for almost 2 years (P3Dv3 and now P3D v4).

You can also map FS Tramp map via shortcut over keyboard or joystick for quickview - it offers a lot of important options for individual customization.  I can validate the positive statements of the Thread-Creator.

And, FS Tramp is definitely very performance friendly (if any impact 🤒 - I don't know).

Have a quick look here:  http://www.fstramp.com/

PS: For FSTramp there is no need to be online for working properly !

....and a few screenshots for your convenience:

fstramp703a.png

fstramp.jpg

Image2.jpg

ScreenHunter_1216+Jun.+28+21.22.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

FSTramp11.png

FSTramp-1.jpg

FSTramp650b.jpg

Edited by KBUR
adding screenshots

41 minutes ago, KBUR said:

For me it became a MUST TO HAVE TOOL; using it for almost 2 years (P3Dv3 and now P3D v4).

It was for me until it became a subscription pricing model.

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

7 hours ago, Chock said:

But what makes that worse is, because you don't exactly need to be Maynard Keynes to work out that it isn't likely to keep going under those circumstances, ironically, that gives you even less reason to want to commit to buying a subscription for it.

Not sure about that.
I have the feeling the dev is keeping on developing his tool no matter its success. (There are frequent updates, maybe 4 or 5 this past year)
Actually I believe he doesn't wish FS Tramp to be as popular as FS Nav, for whatever reason, but it doesn't mean the product is going to die soon.

I am not fan at all of his subscription pricing model and I would have preferred paying like any other product.
But to be honest, FS Tramp is IMO unequaled and paying around 37€ every year and a half for such a complete addon is still something I can afford without ruining my family.
There are in my hangar so many planes I have paid for and barely use, and in my scenery library so many places I have forgotten..

🙂

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

6 hours ago, edpatino said:
8 hours ago, honanhal said:

For me, this is a negative. You need to have the sim running to use fstramp. I want to run my flightplanner without having to start P3D

• Upvote 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

7 hours ago, edpatino said:

At SimMarket it's priced at Eur 37,81 (18 mo license), still expensive, but not as 45. Anyway I agree the price tag is way too high.

I have to add 19% VAT to all Simmarket purchases, so in my case it's indeed 45 €.

Plus, these subscriptions are staggering. Here's FS Tramp, next comes Real Traffic (required for PSXSeecontraffic), than add all the Adobe apps, don't ask me when MS will provide Windows as a Service (R) exclusively. Don't forget your Internet Security App. etc.

One bad day you will wake up detecting all those subscriptions are higher than your income. That's why I avoid subscriptions where I can (not always possible, unfortunately).

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I used FSNavigator a lot in the distant past (FS98 to FS2004 if I recall correctly) and liked it very much.
However when better alternatives became available that could be used on a networked system, I stopped using it.
Also the pricing model is a big no-no for me.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

7 hours ago, KBUR said:

And, FS Tramp is definitely very performance friendly (if any impact 🤒 - I don't know).

I can confirm this. Not noticeable impact, if any. Using demo version.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers