Sign in to follow this  
expat

Beacon lights on C421?

I believe the 421 Alabeo modeled has strobes only, no beacons. Carenado/Alabeo have been integrating the lights into the model for some time so you don't see them in the aircraft.cfg file any longer. Although there are workarounds if you want other lights.

No, it doesn't. 

Edited by J35OE

OK, thanks, always thought more modern aircraft had to have beacons for safety purposes. I stand corrected. 

I assume it's the other way round. In the 'early' days there weren't any high intensity strobes lights, only the weak rotating beacons.

Yes, that is my understanding, however like all things for safety in aviation I guess I assumed that the authorities would want both at least back in the 1970's - intended redundancy - kind of like hanging onto VOR in the age of GPS.