Sign in to follow this  
brucets

PayPal Payment Reversed??

4 hours ago, mwilk said:

I ran into the same issue trying to buy off of the FSDT website. I was purchasing KIAH. George Bush International. Something in the software triggered the same response. I had to pay with a credit card. I never did get a reasonable answer from PayPal.

A little off topic...

In case you're not aware, there is an unofficial freeware update for FSDT KIAH that adds the (somewhat) newly created Terminal C and some surrounding graphics.  It's certainly worth the time to download and add it. You simply download, unzip, and add however you wish (Scenery library or via the XML method).  Works fine in P3DV4.

LINK: 

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=65839881

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

3 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

This has been a known issue with PayPal. Apparently the mention of George Bush triggers it. FSDreamteam is aware of it, but it doesn't look like there's much they can do about it.

That's crazy. I want to buy some of his art but I guess I won't be using PayPal 🤣

• Upvote 1

Matthew Kane

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

A little off topic...

In case you're not aware, there is an unofficial freeware update for FSDT KIAH that adds the (somewhat) newly created Terminal C and some surrounding graphics.  It's certainly worth the time to download and add it. You simply download, unzip, and add however you wish (Scenery library or via the XML method).  Works fine in P3DV4.

LINK: 

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=65839881

Thank you. I wasn't aware that this existed.

NAX669.png

5 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

This has been a known issue with PayPal. Apparently the mention of George Bush triggers it. FSDreamteam is aware of it, but it doesn't look like there's much they can do about it.

George Bush? Just pray there is never an airport named after Donald Trump............................

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

49 minutes ago, W2DR said:

George Bush? Just pray there is never an airport named after Donald Trump............................

Why is that...??

1 hour ago, W2DR said:

Already many buildings, resorts, golf coursed etc named Trump, I've been inside a couple of Trump Towers before, didn't really notice the name on it, an airport won't make any difference either

If FSDT makes Trump International one day I would buy it, it's no consequence about the name on it either

Matthew Kane

I quit using Paypal for online purchases some years ago and always pay direct with my card.  My three most recent purchases, to MSE. Aerobask, Carenado plus my purchases of my licenses for P3DV4 and Xplane11 were all made using my card.  No Limits Coaster, which is a German product, also used my card with no issues.  Suspected fraudulent sites are blocked, as can happen if you mistype a url and hit upon a phishing site.

John

I checked my CC account this morning and it has been charged the amount of the purchase, but when I checked my SIMMARKET account they have not received the payment. So PayPal is sitting on my money!

Bruce

PayPal's stupidity and absurdity knows no ends.

Just received notification from them, that despite telling them that I had in fact made a legit purchase from Real Flight Shop, albeit with its Chinese motifs which originally caused alarm bells, so they can drop my request to investigate what I thought was an illegal activity, they are now informing me that they are refunding my account. What a stupid crazy way to run affairs!

Maybe, like you, Bruce, time I too ditched PayPal. Shambolic!

Last time I did a PayPal transaction was in 2011, since then I have moved to New Zealand from Canada and am locked out of my account. I just wanted to go into it to close it for good but they won't let me from outside Canada and wanted $30 from me to close it. So it just sits there for year after year with the occasional email to update my info, but a refusal to log me in from outside Canada, it is a perpetual cycle of ridiculousness. How they make money is beyond me when they are so good at locking out there own customers. 

Matthew Kane

I opened a ticket(so to speak) with Capital 1 and they are going to get it fixed. They have already issued a credit for the full amount.

When the smoke clears I will cancel my PayPal account for good. You should also, Rick!!

That's a real dilemma, Mathew!! Just really stupid!!

Bruce

12 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

Last time I did a PayPal transaction was in 2011, since then I have moved to New Zealand from Canada and am locked out of my account. I just wanted to go into it to close it for good but they won't let me from outside Canada and wanted $30 from me to close it. So it just sits there for year after year with the occasional email to update my info, but a refusal to log me in from outside Canada, it is a perpetual cycle of ridiculousness. How they make money is beyond me when they are so good at locking out there own customers. 

PayPal has 244 million accounts active worldwide witha 15% yearly growth..Im no stock holder, but thats not bad...Im curious, have you actually spoke to a human over your dilemma...?

On 8/25/2018 at 10:08 PM, Delta111 said:

Why is that...??

Which alternate reality do you live in?

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

On 8/25/2018 at 10:37 PM, Matthew Kane said:

Already many buildings, resorts, golf coursed etc named Trump, I've been inside a couple of Trump Towers before, didn't really notice the name on it, an airport won't make any difference either

If FSDT makes Trump International one day I would buy it, it's no consequence about the name on it either

Sigh.................

33 minutes ago, W2DR said:

Which alternate reality do you live in?

I think you have things reversed...You are make believe you a flying in a one dimensional plane and your avatar is of Mickey Mouse and asked that question...TDS perhaps...??