Sign in to follow this  
brucets

PayPal Payment Reversed??

How about leaving political comments out of this topic,  please. 

• Like 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Okay, refund received and my PayPal account is gone!

Bruce

• Upvote 1

On 8/28/2018 at 7:24 AM, Delta111 said:

PayPal has 244 million accounts active worldwide witha 15% yearly growth..Im no stock holder, but thats not bad...Im curious, have you actually spoke to a human over your dilemma...?

Yes that was where they wanted the $30 admin fee to have them reactivate it and close it came from. It can just sit dormant forever for all I care. 

Of all those 244 million accounts I wonder how many are active, and how many are multiple accounts for one person. 

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane

8 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

Yes that was where they wanted the $30 admin fee to have them reactivate it and close it came from. It can just sit dormant forever for all I care. 

Of all those 244 million accounts I wonder how many are active, and how many are multiple accounts for one person. 

Well actually, it said 244 million active accounts....Multiple accounts are still real monies so I dont see the point in that...I would not let it sit "dormant" with your banking info intact tho....Your mileage may vary...Good luck...

6 hours ago, Delta111 said:

Well actually, it said 244 million active accounts....Multiple accounts are still real monies so I dont see the point in that...I would not let it sit "dormant" with your banking info intact tho....Your mileage may vary...Good luck...

The bank account info attached to that account was closed in 2012 when I moved to New Zealand, the account is useless to anyone. Crazy that they want $30 to close it but that is what they said. Also no way to even pay them the $30 so it was a stupid loop they created. They probably still report it as an active account.

Most online stores will be doing away with PayPal moving forward and just have their own checkout systems. ORBX has done this as it was too difficult to work with and the big ones like Amazon don't use them either. The companies I use in New Zealand have dumped PayPal as well and have now setup their own secure systems. This is a recent trend with online merchants going their own way now. 

I doubt that all those accounts are active. many people open an account for a few transaction and never use it again. Corporations are very good at exaggerating numbers, they are shareholder driven and it gives the perception that they are bigger then they actually are. It is just smoke and mirrors. PayPal will end up like Yahoo someday, junk from the past

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane

4 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

I doubt that all those accounts are active. many people open an account for a few transaction and never use it again. Corporations are very good at exaggerating numbers, they are shareholder driven and it gives the perception that they are bigger then they actually are. It is just smoke and mirrors. PayPal will end up like Yahoo someday, junk from the past

Well its a good thing you were able to smoke them out....Good work..You need  to get the word out to the masses as there were 2.2 billion transactions this past quarter alone...Although I don't think shareholders are driven by smoke and mirrors, only that monthly dividend check...

Your turn !!!!!📶

On 8/30/2018 at 9:12 PM, Delta111 said:

Your turn !!!!!📶

Here ya go, since you love them so much, get yours today:  Link to paypay teeshirts removed as anyone clicking on it will suddenly get teeshirt ads everywhere on the Internet.

I didn't check to see if you can pay for that with PayPal but that wouldn't make sense now would it....Buy a PayPal T-Shirt but they don't accept PayPal??? I am certain you will be fine though, show the world your love 😃😃😃

Edited by Jim Young
As noted above.

Matthew Kane

Just got burned on a purchase myself.  Apparently my attempted purchase of Mex High Flight's Havana Airport was interpreted as an attempt to get around the embargo, lol.  wouldn't have even gotten any Cuban cigars out of it either.  

19 hours ago, ShawnG said:

Just got burned on a purchase myself.  Apparently my attempted purchase of Mex High Flight's Havana Airport was interpreted as an attempt to get around the embargo, lol.  wouldn't have even gotten any Cuban cigars out of it either.  

Ha....Thats funny...Cuba is the buzz word, with  no American Currency...No questions asked with your Visa or MC...??

Edited by Delta111
Spellimg

I regret that comment because now every time I go on the interweb it wants to sell me a crappy PayPal T-Shirt 😫

Matthew Kane

The OP has resolved the issue so I'm locking this topic.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10