Sign in to follow this  
Flieger-Marius

EDRM-Repaints on S360

If you want I can give you the source files to my AerLingus planes, the bottom line of their dark green section is almost or maybe exactly the same height as the top line of your paint. It might make things easier to align.

Cheers
Marius

spacer.png

On 9/21/2018 at 8:25 PM, avgaskoolaid said:

Hey Ed, it took a little longer than I would have liked but the American Eagle repaint is finished. I think it turned out pretty good but if you have any suggestions or notice any issues with it just let me know. I uploaded it to the AVSIM library and it's being processed. I'm not sure how long it usually takes but if you go to the library tomorrow and search 'shorts' and sort by date added it should be at the top of the list. 

6S7d4MT.png

Very nice indeed!

From the pre-release Carenado screenshots, I expected to find an American Eagle version amongst the default Carenado colour schemes but was surprised when it turned out to be Skyways Enterprises! Thank you for remedying that now. 

Bill

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:25 PM, avgaskoolaid said:

Hey Ed, it took a little longer than I would have liked but the American Eagle repaint is finished. I think it turned out pretty good but if you have any suggestions or notice any issues with it just let me know. I uploaded it to the AVSIM library and it's being processed. I'm not sure how long it usually takes but if you go to the library tomorrow and search 'shorts' and sort by date added it should be at the top of the list. 

6S7d4MT.png

Its been three days still not up yet in library. great work.

On 9/22/2018 at 9:48 PM, Flieger-Marius said:

Due to high demand, I reuploaded my windowfix again.

Get it here

Thank you very much for the time Flieger, I,m having some trouble, I installed the windows textures but still transparent, don,t know what I,m doing wrong. thank you.

16 minutes ago, twowolves said:

Its been three days still not up yet in library. great work.

Yeah, sorry. I forgot to put a readme in my initial upload and it got denied. I'll upload it again today. 

Just re-uploaded the American Eagle paint with what should be all the necessary components. Keep looking and it should be in the library in the next day or two. Thanks for your patience everyone! 

On 9/25/2018 at 1:17 AM, avgaskoolaid said:

Just re-uploaded the American Eagle paint with what should be all the necessary components. Keep looking and it should be in the library in the next day or two. Thanks for your patience everyone! 

Thank you for this very welcome new paint scheme! Could I ask is there a reason why it won’t work in the LITE version of the 360?

Bill

7 hours ago, scianoir said:

Thank you for this very welcome new paint scheme! Could I ask is there a reason why it won’t work in the LITE version of the 360?

Bill

Well, the way I understand the 'LITE' version works is that the textures are resized from 2k to 4k. My textures are only 4k and were only tested with the normal, non-LITE version. I guess I should rephrase: my repaint will probably work with the LITE version, but it's untested and you won't get the full advantages of lower resolution textures for better performance. The reason I flat out said they wouldn't work is because I didn't even try and I foresaw potential problems with two different texture resolutions being used on the same repaint (My paint contains exterior textures at 4k, and when used with the LITE version would have the interior textures which are aliased and used commonly across all paints (in the textures.common folder) at 2k)

By all means, give it a shot! Worst case scenario it doesn't give you the expected results and you can uninstall it. 

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:05 PM, avgaskoolaid said:

I guess I should rephrase: my repaint will probably work with the LITE version, but it's untested and you won't get the full advantages of lower resolution textures for better performance.

Just to confirm that it does work as a LITE version and by removing the dds files from the texture folder in the LITE version and modifying the texture.cfg you can save a few hundred MB of VAS usage.

Bill

Edited by scianoir

12 hours ago, scianoir said:

Just to confirm that it does work as a LITE version and by removing the dds files from the texture folder in the LITE version and modifying the texture.cfg you can save a few hundred MB of VAS usage.

Bill

Ah, ok, good to know I was wrong about how the LITE version works! Enjoy. 

1 hour ago, avgaskoolaid said:

Ah, ok, good to know I was wrong about how the LITE version works! Enjoy. 

It’s a nice repaint - thank you - and those extra available MB of VAS are very useful to us FSX dinosaurs!

Bill

Edited by scianoir