Sign in to follow this  
RobW05

COM frequency tuning problem

Hi Dave, 

I'm using P2ATC with x-plane for more than a year now without problems, only recently I have some trouble. 

1. When I'm told to contact a different controller I set the new frequency in the aircraft (not via P2ATC Com menu). While tuning up from, let's say, 123.25 to 125.70 the frequency often jumps around. That means it seems to hang at a certain point and doesn't follow my inputs. For example it jumps back and forth from 124.30 to 124.35 although I'm just trying to tune it further up. This lasts for a few seconds until it follows my inputs again, just to start the same again a few frequency steps later. 

When I look into the P2ATC Com window while tuning I notice that it seems P2ATC is looking for controller names and won't let me tune further until the name was found and displayed below the frequency. This seems to interrupt my commands and sometimes even jumps around as described above. 

I should mention that I have a networked P2ATC setup, if that matters. This problem started when I updated to version 2.5.0.3 in July, but I skipped a few versions before so I can't say which update exactly brought the problem. It also happens in the most recent version. 

2. The WPT, DIST, DTK and ETE in the upper left corner are no more showing my next waypoint, but only the destination Airport ICAO the entire flight although there are plenty of waypoints ahead. 

Sorry for the long text. 🙂

Thank you & greetings

Robert

Robert,

There is a bug in the current version that is causing #1 problem and it should be fixed in the upcoming release.

The #2 problem is likely a rare scenario where the Waypoint tracking logic gets confused and jumps to the end of the flight.  Please send your P2A log file for that flight to admin@pilot2atc.com and I'll see if I can figure it out.

Log files are located in: 
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs 
where <UserName> is your PC user name. Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, so if you take the most recent one when you have the error, you should have the correct one.  

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks a lot Dave!

I´ll send you a log file from a flight I just did, unfortunately I had to break up the flight after 3 hours because of a simulator problem. The problem #2 occured on this flight so I hope it helps anyway.

Greetings

Robert

Robert,

Thanks for the log files.

It looks like something happened after the 180 degree turn in the SID because the active waypoint jumped to ENTC right after the Next WPT changed to WS634.

I’ve just flown the departure and did not hit that problem.  If somehow the plane got turned around, did a 360 instead of 180 turn or something similar, that may have caused it.  It's also possible there was an error in the flight plan, but I used the one you filed and it worked great.

At any rate, if something similar happens in the future, you should be able to recover by disconnecting and reconnecting P2A after you are on the Center Frequency.  File the exact same flight plan and then just make the usual initial contact call “<CallSIgn> climbing to FL290”, for example.  It should then figure out where you are and will proceed normally from there.

Thanks again,

Dave