Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trans_601

GE Pro Avsim Review

Guest Bjorn

Thanks for a good review (as they usually are)!I have a question though:I'm thinking of purchasing GE Pro, but I also have Ultimate Terrain for Europe. What will happen with UT when I install GE Pro? Are they replaced or will they cooperate in some way?Best regards Bj

Guest Trans_601

Thanks gents for your kind comments.My apologies if the screenshots I included didn't do the product justice, I tried to include different parts of the world and different landscapes etcPlease let me know how I can improve the selection - also let me know if you want a particular area done and I will post them on the forum.

Hi Bj

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Peter Wilding

Thanks for the review and nice comments and help from eveybody. Anthony, Carl and myself all really appricaite the way eveyone is so postitive about our product. It really does make us feel good.Out of interest you may like to see some of the new night time textures we are working on.Check this link out.http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...7984&PN=1&TPN=1Anthony has done it again. Beautiful work Anthony.

>Thanks for a good review (as they usually are)!>>I have a question though:>I'm thinking of purchasing GE Pro, but I also have Ultimate>Terrain for Europe. What will happen with UT when I install GE>Pro? Are they replaced or will they cooperate in some way?>>Best regards Bj

Guest Bjorn

Thanks for your answer to my question, guys!I'm certainly will purchase GE Pro soon...Best regards Bj

Guest firehawk44

Those night time textures are awesome! Thanks Anthony for your great artistic work! I look forward to viewing them some day soon on my system.Best regards,JimYoung

Guest Tingoose

Hi JoeAs far as the screenshots go I'd say that the main problem is that in some of the photos the textures are blurred. It would have ben good to have ensured that they were sharp before 'snapping' your shots. Blurred textures look particularly bad when you have sharp autogen appearing to float on a ill- defined mess murky out of focus textures. Many of your shots are taken downwards above the aircraft. It would have been nice to see some shots looking horizonatlly in say, hilly or mountainous areas with say 30 mile visibilty dialled in. This creates a nice sense of depth a you see mountain peaks recede in to the haze. Varying the time of day with dramatic skies and morning and evening shots (my favourite times to fly) can show off ground textures and what they're capable of too.Anyway, Joe as I pointed out earlier, the review was fair and informative which is the main thing. I just have a thing about screenshots. My comments are meant in the spirit of constructive critiscism. Keep up the good work. Many thanks again.

Guest Tingoose

First of all I'd like to say that i thought Joe Ellwood made a good job of reviewing GE Pro. It provided enough detail to enable a prospective buyer to make an informed decision. However, once again, I am disappointed by the quality of the screenshots included with the review. I'd urge anyone who is thinking about purchasing this awesome addon to check out the screenshots on the dedicated GE Pro website. I appreciate that taking good quality screenshots is an art in itself, but if I hadn't already got GE Pro I might be asking myself, what's so special about it based on the review shots? To reiterate, I believe the written review was good. I'd just like the screenshots to have done justice to the product, and btw, I have no affiliation whatsover with the product. I'm just a very satisfied customer.

Guest sb55mv

can anyone from the moderators please tell me why my reply to this post has been deleted please. I was not advertising, but just trying to give the original poster another avenue of information for his consideration regarding the topic of this thread. Thanks,

Guest Trans_601

Hi Ismet,Thanks for the tips - I'll take it onboard for future reviews.About the blurries. Rest assured I let my system fully load the textures each time I hit the hotkey for a screenshot. If they do appear to be blurred, it's only showing my graphic card's lack of quality! :-)

Guest Tingoose

Good on you Joe. I look forward to seeing more of your reviews. The blurries eh. . . ? My card certainly doesn't cut the mustard either. An ancient FX5200 and now it's cooling fan has stopped turning too!

Guest Trans_601

Hey - at least you have a cooling fan! My card gets me some pretty nice visuals but the Anisotropic filtering quality is pretty bad.Thanks again mate!