Sign in to follow this  

8 hours ago, FunknNasty said:

I'm reminded of the story with the dozen or so DoDo birds, a watermelon and a cliff.

You remember the personal computer, right?:

Win7

Sim City ..er Windows Ten:

Win10

To be honest if users want to stay with W7 that's up to them, but hardware manufactures will also stop optimising there products for W7 likely next year, Nvidia has already stopped drivers for 32bit optimization and will likely do the same for W7 in the future, I also find it funny that the reason for some users is that W10 is spyware when it`s a mild compared to some, like smart phones who have now admitted that if you turn off shearing your location, it still tracks you and some are saying if we cant collect users data we will have to start changing user for the apps and free software.     

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

6 hours ago, rjfry said:

To be honest if users want to stay with W7 that's up to them, but hardware manufactures will also stop optimising there products for W7 likely next year, Nvidia has already stopped drivers for 32bit optimization and will likely do the same for W7 in the future, I also find it funny that the reason for some users is that W10 is spyware when it`s a mild compared to some, like smart phones who have now admitted that if you turn off shearing your location, it still tracks you and some are saying if we cant collect users data we will have to start changing user for the apps and free software.     

It is starting to sound like a joke after so long. Let's see......So three Windows 7 users walk into a Pub...........

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

1 hour ago, shivers9 said:

It is starting to sound like a joke after so long. Let's see......So three Windows 7 users walk into a Pub...........

And as long as they walk out of said pub unassisted all is good. :-)

• Like 1

Reminds me of the old "AGP is dead" arguments from over a decade ago.  Lots of people at the time were refusing to admit that AGP, as a platform, was on life support and would soon cease to see new products introduced.  This of course came to pass according to plan.  

Someone remade the graphs shown in Japan.s Nvidia conference to make it more understandable and posted it on reddit. He named GTX2080 and GTX 2080ti instead of RTX by mistake.

It really looks like will need that DLSS for 4K and VR simming. Also, more than 25 games (some triple AAA) are already confirmed that will use DLSS.

To be honest those are Nvidias numbers, and we better wait for the reviews next week, but it looks promising.

Cheers

Carlos

xadz778zlzl11.png

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

I suspect this guy no longer works at NV as the latest is that there is a delay in shipping the GPU for a couple of days and the drivers, he must have walk out the back door with the only one.

Raymond Fry.

42 minutes ago, rjfry said:

I suspect this guy no longer works at NV as the latest is that there is a delay in shipping the GPU for a couple of days and the drivers, he must have walk out the back door with the only one.

I explained myself pretty badly I guess. Today Nvidia made a conference in Japan and they showed these numbers, but they used different charts to show the  Gpus and its power. One guy in reddit took that charts and made one easier to follow with all the gpus compared next to each other and so on...

It´s not a leak, it´s Nvidia showing how powerful DLSS can be. Could be Nvidia bragging, but looks promising anyway.

Cheers

Carlos

Edited by chass32

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

Just watched the testers unboxing the 2080ti but they cannot bench them no drivers from Nvidia yet, and Gamers Nexus did a tear-down but an email put out Nvidia forbidding testers doing tear-down came this morning.

Raymond Fry.