jeff storey

1 hour ago, jstorey20 said:

what would we do without your input

We'd probably all be flying... 😋

6 minutes ago, J van E said:

In a stuttery unoptimised sim, nice! 👍 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

Can someone tell me another game that has this much tweaking and faffing please? 

14ppkc-6.png

41 minutes ago, J van E said:

Seems you didn't think it up. 🤣

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

A note to remember; we are talking about the effect of pouring more cores at the sim. With four or six cores we probably find that every core counts to improve loading times. Maybe very new six cores systems with advanced motherboards can max that with four. So using up all the cores available for loading speed pushes out bandwidth for other stuff when we run out of cores. The other stuff or the sim either with too little throughput will give problems.

20 minutes ago, tooting said:

Can someone tell me another game that has this much tweaking and faffing please? 

FSX. 😉  That one needed even more tweaking. Ah, remember those sweet bufferpool days....... 🙄 But other than that: no!

1 hour ago, J van E said:

Pfff, flying .... only half of the fun of flightsimming 😆

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Yes, it's like polishing the bike, it's not being ridden but it's being appreciated.

• Upvote 1

To be fair you can go quite far with tweaking some games, depends on the developer. Skyrim I know I spent lot of time tweaking that with mods etc. Lots of ini files to play with.

Also running dedicated game servers with custom maps and settings etc is also similar in my eyes.

Seems I've spent a lot of my life tweaking! oo-er 😄

Edited by djbully
how is :) not a smiley!
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

3 hours ago, djbully said:

Also running dedicated game servers with custom maps and settings etc is also similar in my eyes.

A numbers man - good one!

3 hours ago, tooting said:

Hi Pete,

First, it ain’t a ‘game’ but a complex simulation.

Second, Prepar3D out-of-the-box actually performs very well without any need for clumsy and ill-informed interventions.

Third, our passion and unrelenting drive for ever greater realism is what is driving the ‘problem’. Consequently, we must learn to deal with it as best we can. As I see it this is, in large part, what makes the challenge all the more enjoyable, particularly when success and pride in achievement, along with those accumulating skills, reward our efforts as we enjoy that next flight and everything associated with the experience.

For me, flight simulation is far more than just jumping in an aircraft and flying aimlessly around a bland and uninteresting environment. The extraordinary depth and potential offered by the Prepar3D core platform is what captures my interest and keeps me returning for more. Those niggles encountered along the way are just part and parcel of this unique adventure.

Regards,

Mike

Edited by Cruachan
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

Hi Pete,

First, it ain’t a ‘game’ but a complex simulation.

Second, Prepar3D out-of-the-box actually performs very well without any need for clumsy and ill-informed interventions.

Third, our passion and unrelenting drive for ever greater realism is what is driving the ‘problem’. Consequently, we must learn to deal with it as best we can. As I see it this is, in large part, what makes the challenge all the more enjoyable, particularly when success and pride in our achievements are rewarding our efforts and those accumulated skills as we enjoy that next flight and everything associated with the experience.

For me, flight simulation is far more than just jumping in an aircraft and flying aimlessly around a bland and uninteresting environment. The extraordinary depth and potential offered by the Prepar3D core platform is what captures my interest and keeps me returning for more. Those niggles encountered along the way are just part and parcel of this unique adventure.

Regards,

Mike

Very well said Mike!

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

I see tweaking and faffing and that is why I am here to help you guys to save your time for flying. I've been showing at length how we can set up quickly and easily. I've even gone so far and provided a professional tool to help those that want more - with which any one of you can prove or disprove my own techniques or come up with better ones.

I don't like the idea of my chums wasting hours on tweaking and faffing and I spend all my time here to help prevent that if I can.

• Upvote 1

What is faffing?

• Like 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.