Sign in to follow this  
RancidViper

G1000 Departure Airport Selection Weird Issue

Been having this annoying issue and I can't get past the departure section on the damn G1000. It doesn't happen as you load it, but the second or third time it starts doing this.

So much money wasted for nothing I still can't fly it. I have tried re installing the whole thing. It has the navigraph extension installed as well and current subscriptions to both FS aerodata and Navigraph.

my dear, here is a fantastic tutorial, only with it I was able to use my G1000.
search here in the forum.

Amauri Penze

2 hours ago, bigpenze said:

my dear, here is a fantastic tutorial, only with it I was able to use my G1000.
search here in the forum.

Amauri Penze

Amauri, I have read that tutorial and that's how I use the G1000 too, unfortunately it makes no mention of the issue in the video.

It looks like a key assignment problem in your sim settings for that dial.  Look into your key assignments...

Mike

58 minutes ago, Hypofx said:

Its a key setting issue, do you have any hardware with custom key bindings?

5 hours ago, Mikelab6 said:

It looks like a key assignment problem in your sim settings for that dial.  Look into your key assignments...

Mike

Sorry guys but what do you mean by custom key bindings?

I only have a Logitech Xtreme 3D Pro Joystick. The keys for that are pretty standard.

Brakes, Landing Gear, Elevator Trim, Flaps, and Views. I haven't done any custom edits for the Phenom or any other airplane. Unless some other addon has automatically added something.

The strange thing is it doesn't happen on initial load, only around the second or 3rd time I open it, and it doesn't happen with any other guage, so why only this one?

Any tips as to where I can look to see if a key binding is causing this issue? I don't even know where to look or what to look for!

Cheers

Hi

OK so based on the video it looks like something sending some key presses or mouse thing to the G1000 thats why the knobs jumping. But now you said its not happening all the time, so interesting, i think there is some kind of conflict there...  I had once a similar issue, one of my throttle had a mouse button, and it conflict somehow with other instrument - trim wheel- so i had to change it.... m,aybe you have something else but only checking your video i thought its a similar issue.

Go into your sim control settings and look first in axes assignments to see if some are for tuning radio com or something else like this.  After that, look at keyboard keys assignment for a key to control some radio tuning or something like this. Try to remove that key assignment to see if the problem is solved. You will have to try some before finding the culprit.

Mike

Hi guys, after much testing I can confirm this isn't a key binding issue but an issue with the G1000 itself.

I can confirm that my issue is almost exactly the same as the below post, and the workaround mentioned there works for me.

I am not sure why some people don't have this issue though, maybe a slightly different setup, but either way it's a real pain trying to handle this thing, one wrong move and all kinds of crazy things start happening.

Carenado really need to do something about this!

Thanks for the feedback !  I know I was also having some problems selecting departure but not as in your video..

Mike

On 8/26/2018 at 8:41 PM, RancidViper said:

Amauri, I have read that tutorial and that's how I use the G1000 too, unfortunately it makes no mention of the issue in the video.

hello,

when I try to make the flight plan for the side controls of the g1000 this also happens (numbers and letters spinning nonstop) only does not happen if I use the controls of the GCU, then everything is normal.

That's what I was talking about in the Celin101 tutorial, it tells you to set up the flight plan for the GCU unit controls.

Amauri

I have this EXACT same problem. Just purchased.

I can get it to stop doing the crazy number/letter changing if I left click the small FMS knob.

Edited by drose12ca