Sign in to follow this  
pinkeysome1

Horrible performance

Hello, I haven't played p3d v4 in a while and I start it up and I am getting 10-20fps in the default F-22 on the ground at a default airport. I deleted everything p3d created and reinstalled it and its nothing still the same with default settings its fine but when I go for my normal settings it just dumps my frames.

CPU: I5-4690K

GPU: R9 390X 8GB

RAM:16GB

Thanks

Anthony Taylor

Is this on the same P3D install you were using before, or have you reinstalled it? The reason I ask is because the latest versions keep adding more and more eye candy, and you can inadvertently enable one of those options which can tank your frame rates.

Another option is some kind of hardware or cooling failure. If your CPU or GPU cooler are not working properly, the system may be throttling down to keep you from frying your chip. Check your CPU and GPU temperatures to diagnose this.

Also, do you have any other performance problems in other games or 3D apps?

When you really nothing changed on your v4 installation your windows might have made an update. Check if gamemode was enabled.

I would start to rename the prepar4.cfg and let P3D make a new one.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png