Sign in to follow this  
RXP

404 ERROR - New Garmin GTN Trainer 6.50 - Readme First

Hi,

A new GTN Trainer v6.50 was just released a couple days ago and we are working on it.

Please do not update your trainer until we release a new update, otherwise, the GTN won't power up.

Should you have unfortunately updated already, you might want to restore your GTN 6.41.1 installation from a backup. Otherwise here is the link to the online v6.41.1 trainer installer:

https://securemanifest.garmin.com/avtrainer/GarminTrainerSetup_2.1.0.0.exe

(it is possible this downloads the latest 6.50 though).

If you don't have a backup handy, and v6.41.1 is no longer available on the Garmin website, you might want to uninstall v6.50 entirely, and install the v6.21 instead while waiting for our update:

http://download.garmin.com/software/GTN_GDU620PCTrainer_6211.zip

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi purchased reality xp 750 today does this mean unable to install 

until you have updated to the update 6.50

as I am getting error 404 

regards Trevor smith

Hi, I also purchased yesterday Reality XP GTN750 and have exactly the same problem as sudger118. Please help asp to find a way to install it.

Best regards.

Juan P. Martín

yes installed trainer 6.21 still getting error 404 is it because reality installer downloads and installs the latest trainer which I think does not exist

and there is no option to ignore this mabe I am wrong 

I'm afraid I don't know what could go wrong with the installer. I thought you were having difficulties getting the suggested trainer versions (in which case I would have helped by uploading the files somewhere else).

I'm sure Jean-Luc will drop by soon though.

Sorry I can't help with the installation process. I have the v6.41 trainer already installed.

Hi Trevor, I´ve found a way to install it. Look for the RealityXP folder in your local drive (C:), sould be directly in the root of the drive. Download the trainer version you want, mine is v.2.1.0.0, and paste it inside the RealityXP folder. Now run the rxpGTN-XPL-Setup. When prompted to install the "Garmin GTN/TXI PC Trainer update" uncheck that box and click Next to follow with the installation. That´s it.

So far it seems ok because I can see it in the XP plugins. Anyway, for now and until Jean Luc says if what I have done is correct and until the trainer is updated this method works.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Thank you juanpmar for the suggestion. If this works, this is fine with me!

The installer is supposed to detect whenever you have a compatible trainer installed such as the 6.21, and only tell you in this case a newer one is available. Thereafter, this is a opt-out setting.

Of course, for the installer not to download the latest trainer (with the 404 error), you have to install the 6.21 prior launching the RXP software installer.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

You may find it helpful to know that the new Garmin trainer is bugged: when my local installation updated, it could no longer find the nav databases. It turns out that they have a bug if you aren't using the default disk locations on drive C:. This will probably cause trouble for the plug-in since it keeps it's own copy of the trainer. 

If you're having trouble getting it working, that may be why. I submitted a bug report to Garmin Aviation SUuport. 

7 hours ago, RXP said:

Thank you juanpmar for the suggestion. If this works, this is fine with me!

The installer is supposed to detect whenever you have a compatible trainer installed such as the 6.21, and only tell you in this case a newer one is available. Thereafter, this is a opt-out setting.

Of course, for the installer not to download the latest trainer (with the 404 error), you have to install the 6.21 prior launching the RXP software installer.

Thank you, I already have installed the 6.21 and so far it is working fine. When you have the new version ready, will the 404 error be avoided?

You can also download the 6.41.1 installer but before reaching the part where it asks you to update, disconnect the internet, click next and then connect it again so it can download the files from Garmin.

That's how it worked for me

• Like 1

11 hours ago, juanpmar said:

Hi Trevor, I´ve found a way to install it. Look for the RealityXP folder in your local drive (C:), sould be directly in the root of the drive. Download the trainer version you want, mine is v.2.1.0.0, and paste it inside the RealityXP folder. Now run the rxpGTN-XPL-Setup. When prompted to install the "Garmin GTN/TXI PC Trainer update" uncheck that box and click Next to follow with the installation. That´s it.

So far it seems ok because I can see it in the XP plugins. Anyway, for now and until Jean Luc says if what I have done is correct and until the trainer is updated this method works.

Regards

thanks for that will try it now and let you know

the problem I have is when I run the rxpGTN-setup I don't get the option to uncheck the box for installing Garmin GTN/TXI as it is already checked and greyed out and not able to uncheck

Regards

9 hours ago, MaggieL said:

This will probably cause trouble for the plug-in since it keeps it's own copy of the trainer.

The plugin supports custom environment variables to redirect the trainer to other folders in this case.

1 hour ago, juanpmar said:

When you have the new version ready, will the 404 error be avoided?

Yes. 404 means "not found". The new version will use the latest installer which is hopefully available on their website.