Sign in to follow this  
RXP

404 ERROR - New Garmin GTN Trainer 6.50 - Readme First

18 minutes ago, smudger118 said:

I don't get the option to uncheck the box for installing Garmin GTN/TXI as it is already checked and greyed out and not able to uncheck

This means you already have installed the trainer and it is automatically detected. The RXP installer "installation summary" displayed right before starting to copy the files should mention it.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I had already Installed the Garmin v 6.50 and I can't return to Garmin v 6.41. Have you any progress in the integration between RXP and Garmin v 6.50?

Best Regards.

2 hours ago, RXP said:
2 minutes ago, juanpmar said:

Trevor, try this download https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=14141#Instruct and disconnect the internet as Yuriala12 says (thanks). Then follow the steps I said. 

This means you already have installed the trainer and it is automatically detected. The RXP installer "installation summary" displayed right before starting to copy the files should mention it.

ok fine so if I uninstall the trainer will I then be able to run reality-xp and uncheck this box 

1 hour ago, cadmarcio said:

Have you any progress in the integration between RXP and Garmin v 6.50? 

Yes we are making good progress indeed: our code has been fully updated for 6.50 and we are entering regression tests today!

• Like 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

same problem here

see here my install film

G4Nj4hF.jpg

I doubleclick rxp-GTN-XPL-Setup.exe

baNaQJa.jpg
FeI4jlP.jpg
aen8341.jpg
2vMjBcZ.jpg
QvkKfT2.jpg

download and install is grise cannot select or deselect

dNnhGR2.jpg
FykxQRg.jpg
fVjYPOK.jpg

end off the story

no installation and the money is gone?

How can I install this beautiful program

I had it in fsx and it was huge and I and I want it in xplane11 now

Edited by jefken
adjustment

banner_f33_2.pngGV9Ut3S.jpg

X-Plane 11 -My favorite aircraft F33A BONANZA XPLANE 11 REP , CAR PREMIER 1A

@jefken Thank you for the detailed report.

If the option is grayed out like above, this means you haven't installed the trainer yet. Otherwise, it might be grayed out to tell there is nothing to download nor install when already done.

The grayed out option is normal for new customers. In this case, it downloads and installs the trainer for you. This is automatically detected like shown in the "installation summary" displayed right before starting to install:

FykxQRg.jpg

However, at the moment, Garmin has issued a new Trainer v6.50 and we are working on an update to support the new trainer. It is unfortunate they have also removed the previous v6.41.1 from their servers otherwise you wouldn't be experiencing this issue.

I'm sorry for the unpleasant out-of-the-box experience with our product, but be assured we are working hard on this.

In the meantime, you can still download the GTN trainer v6.21, install it, then run the RXP GTN installer which will detect you have a compatible version already installed and offer to skip the latest one.

3 hours ago, smudger118 said:

ok fine so if I uninstall the trainer will I then be able to run reality-xp and uncheck this box 

thanks to everyone for there assistance now got it downloaded and working

regards

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know about the progress we are making: regression tests have passed and we do have a working GTN with Trainer v6.50 in the dev lab!

A couple items remain to be re-implemented due to the changes introduced in v6.50, hopefully not very complex and just time consuming. We do hope to have a build ready in a day or two, if not officially released, at least as a release candidate for you to try.

• Like 2

Any chance for that release candidate sometime this weekend, even if its not perfect? I bought the RXP GTN750 3-4 days ago and I still haven't been able to actually install and use it yet which is a bummer for a $50 program. I've tried the steps above but I still can't get past the part where the installer looks for the old trainer online, even if I have it installed separately.

@Zarigani this is the plan indeed. So far so good with our update in the dev lab. It is actually taking a little more time right now because with this new trainer, Garmin has changed (again) the entire path structure, and we have to adapt our code for this.

Usually, it wouldn't be a problem, you just install it and it is good as-is. However, experience (ref: this forum) shows a number of our customers choose to install in 'non-standard' locations. Although our product support user settings to change a number of trainer paths at runtime, it still requires a lots of changes with this version while making sure not to break existing installations.

Overall, this is looking good so far on our end, soon in yours!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RXP said:

Overall, this is looking good so far on our end, soon in yours!

That's great news!

• Upvote 1

David Porrett