Sign in to follow this  
Otterpilit

B-747 Crash on Loading

I had to completely reinstall P3D and my PMDG addons, B-737NG, B-777, and B-747, all work well except the B-747, My home base i use is ALbuquerque, NM (KABQI load the B-747 on the ABQ airport, as the program loads at about the

time the green tape with the count down gets to 5 it locks up and crashes, or does a complete load of the aircraft and then crashes, it does the same thing at the El Paso Texas (KELP) airport.  I loaded it in Las Vegas, NV  (KLAS) and it loads and works fine?  What could be causing this?

Any help  is appreciated.

Ken Hand

22 minutes ago, Otterpilit said:

What could be causing this?

Scenery, for one. Garbage crash detection in the sim, for the other.

Turn off crash detection. It's essentially worthless.

Kyle Rodgers

It happened to me one time just once but i installed QOTS as a administrator and it never happened again after that,also make sure that you add a exception in your AV for p3d and QOTS.

Zdenek  Cebis

On 8/26/2018 at 4:54 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Scenery, for one. Garbage crash detection in the sim, for the other.

Turn off crash detection. It's essentially worthless.

Thank you I'll give it a try

Ken

I'm having similar problems but worst. I have PMDG 747-400, 777, 737-NGX for P3D V4.3 Well, my sim will not load in apps in the Task Manager but will load in background process. I've been loading and unloading for a week trying to figure this out. I went through all of my apps and narrowed it to PMDG 747 0r 777 it works fine with 737. funny thing is once I install 747 or 777 into the sim the sim it is screwed and I have to uninstall everything. Even if I uninstall 747 or 777 the sim still will not turn other than processing in the background. Now once I reinstall the sim with all scenery and airplanes outside PMDG 747 and 777 the sim works perfectly. I've tried using another account with administrative rights. I don't know what to do now, I fly the 777 and 747 on a regular basis these are my favorites. My computer consist of:I7 4790k, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR3, 2 SSD drives Samsung 500GB 950 Pro NVme M.2 for my C:Drive and a second SSD for (Prepar3d with Samsung 2TB 860 Evo), two other non ssd hard drives for storage at 2TB a piece. 

I also have ORBX SCENERY, FSDT, FSGLOBAL, FLIGHTBEAM and ACTIVE SKY.

I have uninstalled everything and installed P3D with only PMDG and the sim still crashes . P3D will only work after a fresh reinstall without PMDG. 

Please help I'm mentally drained

10 hours ago, comeup25 said:

I'm having similar problems but worst. I have PMDG 747-400, 777, 737-NGX for P3D V4.3 Well, my sim will not load in apps in the Task Manager but will load in background process. I've been loading and unloading for a week trying to figure this out. I went through all of my apps and narrowed it to PMDG 747 0r 777 it works fine with 737. funny thing is once I install 747 or 777 into the sim the sim it is screwed and I have to uninstall everything. Even if I uninstall 747 or 777 the sim still will not turn other than processing in the background. Now once I reinstall the sim with all scenery and airplanes outside PMDG 747 and 777 the sim works perfectly. I've tried using another account with administrative rights. I don't know what to do now, I fly the 777 and 747 on a regular basis these are my favorites. My computer consist of:I7 4790k, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR3, 2 SSD drives Samsung 500GB 950 Pro NVme M.2 for my C:Drive and a second SSD for (Prepar3d with Samsung 2TB 860 Evo), two other non ssd hard drives for storage at 2TB a piece. 

I also have ORBX SCENERY, FSDT, FSGLOBAL, FLIGHTBEAM and ACTIVE SKY.

I have uninstalled everything and installed P3D with only PMDG and the sim still crashes . P3D will only work after a fresh reinstall without PMDG. 

Please help I'm mentally drained

Welcome to the forum. Please note that full names - first and last - are required to be written into your posts here.

As far as your issue goes, it sounds a lot like you might be installing our aircraft, and perhaps setting one of them as the default aircraft. If not, it might be that you have an outdated simconnect version installed that is causing problems (though that wouldn't cause the sim to not load).

Either way, with the exception of the storage sizes, an i7700 processor, and the amount/type of RAM, we have very similar computers, and mine work just fine. It's going to come down to something simple that you're doing that you shouldn't be doing, or some weird combination of things local to your computer. We'll get you sorted.

Kyle Rodgers

I shut the crash detection off, and it worked fine.  for scenery I am using megascenery V3 and V317, works great no problem,  it is slow toad initially when you first boot up and load the aircraft for the first time it takes about 20 minutes to get loaded and running, but then it if you close P3D and restart it loads fairly quickly. No problems

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

KH

Hi Ken,

It takes 20 minutes to load from the moment you hit the "OK" on the P3D Scenario screen to the moment your aircraft is loaded? There is something seriously wrong with that. I have a slightly faster computer than yours, but not 20x faster. For me it takes approximately 1 minute from the moment I press OK to the moment the plane is loaded in at the airport.

Out of curiosity, which version of Windows are you running?

Kind regards,
Sander

Edited by harvester21

I am running windows 10.

Back to  the crash  I still have the crash detection turned off, and the B-747 loads then crashes when I locate it in Albuquerque, NM.  i Loaded the 74 in El Paso tx and started a trip to ABQ and when it got within about 100 nm of ABQ it crashed.  I then loaded it in Santa Fe, NM KSAF it loaded and ran iniililazitation to step 5 and crashed. I loaded it at Phoenix KPHX next, and it loaded. did not try a flight this time

I Loaded the 747 at Phoenix KPHX and departed to Albuquerque, NM KABQ flew fine until I started the descent into ABQ and around 90 NM west the program crashed.  for some reason the PMDG B-747 does not like the Albuquerque NM area.

Puzzeled.

KH

On 9/5/2018 at 5:30 AM, harvester21 said:

Hi Ken,

It takes 20 minutes to load from the moment you hit the "OK" on the P3D Scenario screen to the moment your aircraft is loaded? There is something seriously wrong with that. I have a slightly faster computer than yours, but not 20x faster. For me it takes approximately 1 minute from the moment I press OK to the moment the plane is loaded in at the airport.

Out of curiosity, which version of Windows are you running?

Kind regards,
Sander

I should have added that i do have the full Megascenery addons that are available loaded.  I think this is what is taking the time for the program to load.

It loads Faster.   also the slow load is just when the computer has been shut down, and it is the initial  load of P3D any subsequent loads takes 2 to 3 minutes.  that is not a problem.  My big problem is the darn 747 keeps crashing depending on what airport it is at.  It will load ok in KELP, KPHX, KLAS.  But KABQ, KMKC, KSTL, Kjfk, it crashes.   seems it is something to do with the PMDG B-747,  the PMDG B-777 and B-373 are not a problem.

Otter Pilit

Ken Hand

Edited by Otterpilit
Did not sign my name