Sign in to follow this  
prostock442

Need help FMX-USA Version

I'm new to Freemeshx.  I downloaded the FMX-USA files.  Installed it the way I install all my addon scenery.  I'm not impressed at all. Either I did something wrong or ???  I checked the properties so the Scenery File, there are only 55 files in it.  Is this correct?  Please help before I uninstall this.  

In the README file, did it mention any changes to your scenery sliders to be able to properly view this scenery?

Welcome to the AVSIM forums!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi charlie -  There was No Readme File.   I did however view the Installation Instructions & Followed them to a T.  Even adjusting my Scenery Sliders as it show Pictured.  That did not make a difference.  There were 55 files total files downloaded & placed in my FMXall starting with the letter N and ending with .BGL   A total of 51.1 GB.  I would attach a picture but don't see where that's possible.  I'll add photo's in the other group, Flightsim.com  Where I've been talking about FMX.  I just flew a little in Colorado & I noticed what looked like a white dotted rip in the sky.  Thanks for any help.  Prostock on the other group page.

I don't use FreemeshX and looking at this forum, not many people do.  Like I said over at the other site, this type of scenery is best viewed from higher altitudes that commercial jetliners fly at.  I have the feeling you are looking for something along the lines like ORBX Scenery.   This will give you nice looking scenery from the airport runway up to about 10,000 feet.   I use to have ORBX PNW, which was freeware but cause some terrific loss of FPS and minor stuttering.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

FreemeshX is a wonderful product, and I would speculate to say is very widely used.  To answer the OP questions; yes USA only has 55 files.  I would verify that it is layered correctly in your scenery library.  Should be below all of your add on sceneries, but higher than the defaults.  There is a great deal of documentation on this.  Also verify that your mesh resolution is set to at least 10m if not 5m.  I think you may have been given some misinformation otherwise in this thread.  Quality mesh is quite essential for lower altitude flying.  It actually becomes less essential at high altitudes.  Orbx, as suggested, while containing it's own mesh, also contains land class and vector information (regions, or global purchases).  PNW was not freeware, although a small section of it is or was at one time.  I actually have my ORBX mesh disabled as I choose to run FreemeshX instead.

OCiE5F9.jpg

OYhfMX3.jpg

g9wupEm.jpg

• Like 1

I do have FreeMesh and Orbx - how do you disable the ORBX mesh in order to  run the FreemeshX instead?

Thanks!

Edmundo Azevedo

You don't have to disable any mesh because the sim will use the better one by default if many are installed.

Mike

3 hours ago, Mikelab6 said:

You don't have to disable any mesh because the sim will use the better one by default if many are installed.

Mike

Yep, purely optional.  Referencing the author of FreeMeshX, I just choose to do it to avoid any conflict.  I do it the other way around though as the coverage boxes of FreeMeshX do not line up with my ORBX/FTX boxes.

FTX compatibility:

The FTX regions with the USA come with their own mesh and they are also rendered at LOD12. We have not tested compatibility extensively, and we would like to see reports from the beta users on how the FTX meshes and FreeMeshX USA mesh conflict. Since they are both the same level of detail, there may be some conflict. If there is, the likely suggestion would be to uncheck FMX - USA from your Scenery Library when flying in the FTX regions. We highly encourage the use of FTX Vectors. Any good mesh needs a good vector replacement package.

On 8/27/2018 at 3:11 PM, charliearon said:

I don't use FreemeshX and looking at this forum, not many people do.  Like I said over at the other site, this type of scenery is best viewed from higher altitudes that commercial jetliners fly at.  I have the feeling you are looking for something along the lines like ORBX Scenery.   This will give you nice looking scenery from the airport runway up to about 10,000 feet.   I use to have ORBX PNW, which was freeware but cause some terrific loss of FPS and minor stuttering.

You'll definitely notice a difference at low altitude if it's installed correctly. It's a 10-m mesh. That's 16X the data density of the stock mesh.The OP needs to double check their scenery library as that is usually the problem with most issues where no improvement is visible.

Installed the FreeMeshX USA Beta today on a 9 year old machine with 2GB of RAM and an old AMD Athlon X2 2000Mhz processor........

All I can say is that even on that old machine it runs spectacularly and except for when the drive is swapping out something from memory to hard drive, smooth as butter.

The scenery blows me away.   It should be a crime to get something this good at this price.

I can tell you that even from 1000 ft it is awesome.  Pardon me for saying this, but it's so good...I'm traumatized......that I've been using FSX since it came out and had no clue it could be this immersive.

I'll be installing it on my "newer and more capable" (but far less than many of you have) system in the next few days.

This freeware has turned my FSX experience from a mildly interesting simulation into an exciting and near life reality experience.   This definitely breaks the rule that you get what you pay for.

My gratitude to the developers.   If there's any way I can help let me know.

Here's a Seattle screenshot of what I'm seeing with even a very old machine with 2 GB RAM physical total and only a Quadro 2000 GPU.  Granted, on THIS machine to get it smooth I have to back off the AutoGen scenery to LOW setting.  But even with no AutoGen scenery it's still amazing imo.

Fdbbin6.jpg