Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

P3D v4.3 not responding then CTD

After flying for a while sometimes I will get a "Not Responding" message and then a CTD - this does not happen that often but when it does it is most upsetting.

Here is my EVENT VIEWER Report. I also checked Security and Maintenance Control Panel and there are no error or problem reports - any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

EVENT VIEWER Report

The program Prepar3D.exe version 4.3.29.25520 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 2c4c
 Start Time: 01d43db178fea022
 Termination Time: 53
 Application Path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
 Report Id: b384626c-c98f-46ec-aa2b-740ac1ff7c72
 Faulting package full name: 
 Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

It could be alot of stuff, its very frustrating .

Normally i would suspect a corrupted file "on the go" since its not in the beginning when you start P3dv4

Do you use any weather add-ons or AI traffic? I had a corrupted .wx file in my P3Dv4files folder (C/user/documents). Also try deleting the  WXstationlist.bin in the same folder as your p3d.cfg (c/user/appdata/roaming etc..)

P3Dv4 will generate a new one when you fire it up.

Good luck

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

7 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

It could be alot of stuff, its very frustrating .

Normally i would suspect a corrupted file "on the go" since its not in the beginning when you start P3dv4

Do you use any weather add-ons or AI traffic? I had a corrupted .wx file in my P3Dv4files folder (C/user/documents). Also try deleting the  WXstationlist.bin in the same folder as your p3d.cfg (c/user/appdata/roaming etc..)

P3Dv4 will generate a new one when you fire it up.

Good luck

Thanks

Michael Moe

Thank you Michael.

I am travelling for the next three days, will check out your suggestions on my return.

Regards, Dane

Michael,

I have now done more testing.

I deleted the WXstationlist.bin file and flew a couple of my longtime aircraft and did not experience a "Not Responding" message and then CTD.

Then I started up a new aircraft I recently purchased from Aerosoft - the PBY Catalina (an old 1940's historic aircraft) and while taxiing I had an unfortunate incident - I ran into another parked aircraft - resulting in an "Object Crash".

Immediately I got the "Not Responding" message and then CTD.  So I thought maybe the Object Crash or the PBY aircraft is the cause. I then started up one of my longtime aircraft (Carenado C337 Skymaster) flew for a while, landed and then purposely crashed into a parked aircraft - No "Not Responding" message.

Will test some more but maybe it is the new (old) PBY Catalina aircraft - more testing required...

Regards, Dane

50 minutes ago, Dane Watson said:

Michael,

I have now done more testing.

I deleted the WXstationlist.bin file and flew a couple of my longtime aircraft and did not experience a "Not Responding" message and then CTD.

Then I started up a new aircraft I recently purchased from Aerosoft - the PBY Catalina (an old 1940's historic aircraft) and while taxiing I had an unfortunate incident - I ran into another parked aircraft - resulting in an "Object Crash".

Immediately I got the "Not Responding" message and then CTD.  So I thought maybe the Object Crash or the PBY aircraft is the cause. I then started up one of my longtime aircraft (Carenado C337 Skymaster) flew for a while, landed and then purposely crashed into a parked aircraft - No "Not Responding" message.

Will test some more but maybe it is the new (old) PBY Catalina aircraft - more testing required...

Isnt there a "ignore crash detection - on/off) inside the P3D-Menu ? Think it is under the "general settings or so)

Might give it a shot

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Always turn off crash detection, it causes nothing but problems. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Thanks Michael and Bob I will turn it off.

Regards, Dane