Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Aerosoft/SimWings Dublin Airport

I have been using the Aerosoft/SimWings Dublin scenery addon in P3D v3 for quite some time, and I enjoy flying in and out of the airport. The lack of decent custom taxiway and runway lighting is a bit frustrating, but I just deleted all of the default taxiway centreline and edge lighting (because it looks rubbish), since I only fly between dawn and dusk. I also noticed that some of my Aer Lingus Regional AI turboprops were parking at the large Aer Lingus gates, so I adjusted the parking codes for these planes to force them to park elsewhere....and it was this that made me realise that quite a few parking spots are not included in the AFD file supplied with the product. I am not really sure why this was done, but I decided to add some missing ones because some of my AI planes were parking in locations where I did not want them to be (for example, Ryanair 737s parking at cargo ramps). This is to some extent unavoidable if you have a large fleet of AI planes operating in the simulator, but adding a total of eight additional gates/parking spots should improve this. I added the following to the AFD file.....

103L and 104L at the North apron

116 at the North West apron

414 at the South East cargo apron

605, 607, 615R and 617L at the West apron

In fact, I replaced the existing 617 with 617R and 617L, as I realised that I could use two parking spots for the price of one :smile:

I do not know why SimWings decided not to add these parking spots to the AFD file. There are a reasonable number of parking spots incuded in the default file, but I always feel that it is better to have as many (realistic) parking spots as possible if you have a large number of AI planes operating in your virtual airspace.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Good work Christopher. Will you be uploading the file to AvSim?

I find it laughable that Aerosoft can call it a Mega Airport but fail to include any jetways. Those should be mandatory for all Mega airports.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

41 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Good work Christopher. Will you be uploading the file to AvSim?

I find it laughable that Aerosoft can call it a Mega Airport but fail to include any jetways. Those should be mandatory for all Mega airports.

Great work, Christopher, and agree with your comment too, Ray re:jetways.

Would love to add this airport.

It used to be one of my stable airports simply because I live there :), since my migration to 64bit sims, I can only use the X-Plane version. You can install the P3D v3 into Prepar3d V4, but no ground textures. In the meantime, in the actual airport, there is a new control tower nearly completed, and a new parallel runway to the existing 28/10 is in progress. Hopefully, Aerosoft will consider this if and when they build a "professional" version. 

https://flyinginireland.com/2018/01/work-commences-on-new-dublin-airport-control-tower/

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

With respect to the jetways, I assume you mean that they are not animated? I don't tend to see issues like this, because I push back immediately after loading my flights, and do not use stuff like GSX or AES.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Oh Dont worry once matthias finds out another developer is going to do it he will get to work on making another rendition to fight over the scraps. 

Edited by tooting
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

Can a moderator please remove the "SimWings" part of the thread title (and the references to "SimWings" in my first post)? I had assumed that they developed this airport, but I must have been mistaken.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris

I think it was Limesim who developed Dublin. Hopefully MK Studios might have an interest in it 

Edited by Vodcoke

Joe Park

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

With respect to the jetways, I assume you mean that they are not animated? I don't tend to see issues like this, because I push back immediately after loading my flights, and do not use stuff like GSX or AES.

I lost £100+ of AES credits when I switched to P3D but put that down to experience. Don’t really need it now because GSX has come on in leaps and bounds.

I understand jetways aren’t important to you but for maximum realism I do like them.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sorry to hear that Ray, I never did buy into the AES for some reason. Went straight to GSX a few years ago now after I ran out of interesting FSDT airports. 

• Like 1

Jude Bradley

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

1 minute ago, Jude Bradley said:

Sorry to hear that Ray, I never did buy into the AES for some reason. Went straight to GSX a few years ago now after I ran out of interesting FSDT airports. 

The Aerosoft staff will say I never lost the money because all I had to do is stay with FSX. But P3D gives superior performance so it would have been odd to stay with a sim that couldn’t take advantage of a 1080 over a 780 purely for AES.

I’ve probably lost far more buying beer and at least AES never gave me a headache. 😁

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

but for maximum realism I do like them.

Ditto

1 hour ago, Vodcoke said:

Chris

I think it was Limesim who developed Dublin. Hopefully MK Studios might have an interest in it 

They will DD and aerosoft  have a go

14ppkc-6.png

Or else JustSim. 

Jude Bradley