Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Aerosoft/SimWings Dublin Airport

50 minutes ago, Mace said:

Don't a few operators still stop at Shannon, westbound, like the British Airways A318 flights from Heathrow to JFK?

There has been no legislative requirement for transatlantic flights to stop at Shannon when flying to/from Dublin for 10 years.

The current BA1 flight stops at SNN to refuel, as the A318 fuelled for JFK would exceed TORA at LCY. It has the additional benefit of permitting passengers to use US pre-clearance, removing the need for US customs and immigration on arrival at JFK.

2 hours ago, John_Mc said:

You definitely should. ORBX ships with scenery files for the airports in Ireland and when you place it above Dublin it takes priority.

I think the CVM_Ground (might be called something different) is where the problem lies with Aerosoft. You need to remove it from the folder.

So with this solution you'll get the default runways and taxiways and most of buildings from Aerosoft.

Let me know how you get on. I can share screenshots of my set up if you're having problems.

I've tried your suggestion, I've also renamed some / all / none of the .bgl ground files (cvxDUBLIN_GROUND.bgl, EIDWE2_Ground.bgl, etc) to .OFF and still I am stuck with taxiways and an apron that shows the photo ground textures only.

3 hours ago, John_Mc said:

It would be so good if UK2000 or MK Studios did it.

Someone should ask Gary if he would like to take on the Irish airports. His speed of completion and pricing of scenery may make it worthwhile for him to tackle smaller airfields such as Donegal, Kerry, Knock, Sligo, Waterford, and maybe even Cork and Shannon. 
However, he appears busy to the end of 2019 according to his future airports list on his products page.

Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

18 hours ago, John_Mc said:

You definitely should. ORBX ships with scenery files for the airports in Ireland and when you place it above Dublin it takes priority.

I think the CVM_Ground (might be called something different) is where the problem lies with Aerosoft. You need to remove it from the folder.

So with this solution you'll get the default runways and taxiways and most of buildings from Aerosoft.

Let me know how you get on. I can share screenshots of my set up if you're having problems.

Unfortunately I didn't get around to it. Life is a bit hectic at the moment. Ah well, hopefully soon.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

16 hours ago, Mace said:

Don't a few operators still stop at Shannon, westbound, like the British Airways A318 flights from Heathrow to JFK?

Isn't that the one that flies from London City, but the runway is too short for it to take off with a full load of fuel? If so, I'm fairly sure you're right. However, I didn't realise the Aer Lingus flights from Dublin ended their stopovers there. So the folk living down south have to travel up to Dublin to get a flight to the US? Sucks for them I guess.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Whether there are regular stopovers from/to the US or not is irrelevant. It is still an interesting airport with a long runway (ie. suitable for any aircraft whose pilots do not limit themselves to real world route/aircraft/airline combos), and it has quite a few interesting visitors (including military planes).

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

14 hours ago, nealmac said:

Isn't that the one that flies from London City, but the runway is too short for it to take off with a full load of fuel? If so, I'm fairly sure you're right. 

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the flight.  I think I said LHR but now that you mention it, I believe it was London City.

Shannon was my target for dead reckoning with a Vickers Vimy from Gander one time...FS2004 days possibly.   Needless to say I ended up in Scotland, but I did make it.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

On 8/29/2018 at 11:39 AM, John_Mc said:

I asked MK Studios on Facebook if they'd consider it and they said they are but it depends if they can get all the information, pictures and access they need.

I asked if I could help but no reply.

It would be so good if UK2000 or MK Studios did it.

Incidentally, I was able to get the Aerosoft version working reasonably well by placing it below the ORBX Ireland scenery layers and removing the CVM_Ground.bgl from Aerosoft. It actually works well and looks ok except for the odd flickering texture. Definitely worth doing if you have ORBX and Aerosoft Dublin installed in P3D v4

Thanks for this tip,  I had a more complex workaround that looked worse,  this will definitely tide me over til any new version.

20 hours ago, Vodcoke said:

Looks like MK Studios are doing Dublin 😀  Kudos to them ... 

Is this official news?

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

They made a very strong hint.  Check FSElite’s article on their upcoming Lisbon scenery.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Absolutely delighted. Looks like they've done a fantastic job on Lisbon.

Those wet runway & taxiway effects will be used a lot more in Dublin!

4 hours ago, regis9 said:

They made a very strong hint.  Check FSElite’s article on their upcoming Lisbon scenery.

Could be Cork or Shannon too, hoping on Cork,

Dublin, whilst being the main airport in the the Republic is going through some big changes(new runway, taxiways, tower, apron layout, parking stands..) and If I was a scenery designer I wouldn't touch it until the real life construction finished.

People would only be screaming for them to update in line with real world construction every bit of the way.

Shannon and Cork could be easy enough and be used to gauge what interest there would be for Irish airports in the flightsim community.

I'd still be happy with a P3Dv4 Dublin though..

• Like 1

Detailed versions of Shannon and Cork would be VERY welcome on my PC :cool:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

14 hours ago, regis9 said:

Just read it. That looks very promising.

For those wondering about the upcoming changes to Dublin, the new north runway won't be ready for another 3 years. That's ages away. I don't want to have to wait THAT long. The new runway could always be added in an update later on anyway.  I'm still surprised that Aerosoft didn't update their version (yet). It's pretty obvious that there's a huge demand for it.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

1 hour ago, nealmac said:

Just read it. That looks very promising.

For those wondering about the upcoming changes to Dublin, the new north runway won't be ready for another 3 years. That's ages away. I don't want to have to wait THAT long. 

I'm still surprised that Aerosoft didn't update their version (yet). It's pretty obvious that there's a huge demand for it.

That my point...

The developers of the Aerosoft published dublin haven't even updated to P3D4, so just imagine how long it would take to update a new scenery once real world construction is complete.

Not withstand the fact that P3Dv5/6/7 could be out in 3 years making scenery developed now having to be done all over again.

Don't get me wrong I'd still like a P3D4 Dublin only I'm bias to Cork 😁.

• Like 1

A lot of developers can update scenery and generally get projects done faster than Aerosoft.  I have no doint that a focused, motivated team will get a new build EIDW done before Aerosoft gets around to updating theirs, if they plan to do so at all.

Personally I’d love to see all three airports in p3dv4, I love flying around Ireland.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU