Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Shipping movements live in P3Dv4

Has anyone come across an app that would show all live ship positions in P3Dv4?

I currently use the AI-based shipping app available from the Avsim library. It would be much more realistic if an app could use the available ship AIS data to inject all ships into P3Dv4.😉

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

2 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

I currently use the AI-based shipping app available from the Avsim library. It would be much more realistic if an app could use the available ship AIS data to inject all ships into P3Dv4.😉

I agree, that would be AWESOME... but I don't know how it would affect frame rates in and around large shipping ports.  but I'd give it a try if there was such an app!

I also mentioned to LM that it would be GREAT to have long distance trains in the sim, but several people have tried to do this with FSX and there are problems which prevent it (but not for shipping).

Presently my group is using the Global Shipping freeware from Hendrick, and if we sync our time before take off then the entire group and those flying Shared Cockpit together see the same ships at the same locations doing the same thing!  Really adds to the immersion.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hi Dave!

I understand that the number of vessels worldwide is very great, but a pilot only needs to see those in his vicinity. And I am led to believe that ships don't move very fast (compared to aircraft😉) so update frequency shouldn't be much of a problem.

I hope someone can develop such an app.

Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I have STB for AI traffic but I noticed when it scans the sim it also scans my AI shipping which I use in P3Dv4.3, would be nice if they could include it in the app, I will have to ask them they post on the TG support forum, I have my shipping slider at 100% crossing the med is more interesting, and the straits of Gibraltar are alive with shipping.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

A little off-topic Richard but saw your link to your flight videos in your signature and watched the final phase of your landing into Vancouver.  Nice landing.  I subscribed.

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

20 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

Q1 - LittleNavMap shows on its moving map the active AI ships around your aircraft. (look here for a screenshot     https://albar965.github.io/assets/images/overview.jpg)
Q2 - I am not sure to understand what you expect :  traffic files are supplied with the famous Global AI ships, you can create your own with AIBTC and you can also dispatch boats with AICarriers ?

Gérrad

Edited by gaab

Sounds like a Lorby-SI project 😉

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png