Sign in to follow this  
Willg66

HELP - Ugly FSX style night textures

So, one of the recent updates has bought me this awful FSX style jagged glitchy night lighting textures built into the ground, honestly makes me feel unwell looking at it coming into land, it’s way too bright, too yellow, too disgusting literally it looks worse than FSX right now - is there anyway to either get it looking not so awful, or a way to remove it all together - it honestly looks like default FSX right now. 

I have come to understand it must be a new update to add extended night lighting but honestly it’s awful for me — it also disappears when I’m above a cloud and can see the ground, the horrible light texture goes away 

A screenshot might be useful here.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I have never seen that on my installation - it is true that they added night lighting "textures" to extend lighting where the dynamic lighting stops, but it doesn´t look like that for me at all.

My hunch is that you are running some third party add-on or scenery that may be causing this. I would suggest to remove them all and see if the issue persists.

Another possibility is that you inadvertantly turned down your rendering settings so that you are not getting HDR anymore. This will totally demolish the night-flying experience, too.

Good luck, Jan

Edited by Janov

4 hours ago, Janov said:

I have never seen that on my installation - it is true that they added night lighting "textures" to extend lighting where the dynamic lighting stops, but it doesn´t look like that for me at all.

My hunch is that you are running some third party add-on or scenery that may be causing this. I would suggest to remove them all and see if the issue persists.

Another possibility is that you inadvertantly turned down your rendering settings so that you are not getting HDR anymore. This will totally demolish the night-flying experience, too.

Good luck, Jan

I’ll have a look, I do have a lighting modification I’ll be bummed if it’s that that is causing it because it makes the normal likes look so amazing 😩 - I’ll remove it and update here! 

• Like 1

Nope, never seen anything like that either. Try Jan's suggestion. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

My night textures look nothing like that, I believe I have a few screen captures I took recently out of San Diego, I will post them in the screenshots forum today.

John

1 hour ago, Celis said:

Any lua script or maybe xvision?

I just got xvision, a suggestion saying it’d make them look amazing but it’s all the same 😢 it honestly looks worse when I’m flying than in that picture, it’s all jagged and glitchy and just flashes all over the screen 

live cleared out anything that is changing the lights, but it’s still there - so I’m not sure what’s happening -  I hope it’s not an issue with my PC 

I’ve removed all Lua scripts - still there ☹️

Im running a i7-4790k and a GTX 1060 it’s been fine I can run 40fps in heavey areas - so I’m not sure it can be a problem 

does anyone know the direct path to the textures of the night lights? So I can open them and take a look? 

So I’ve removed the enhanced light plugin, still the same - I’ve even deleted the old textures and re installed new ones through the installer still look ugly, 

thinking it it might be to do with anti aliasing- when I put it on full it makes it bareable and less jaggy - still ugly - that is the only option I have on 2x tho the rest are about on full - something is beginning to tell me it might have to do with Nvidia inspector settings