Sign in to follow this  
cleonpack93

GSX Menu Issue

Hi all,

I'm experiencing an issue with GSX recently where anytime I try to access th GSX menu more than once, it will automatically select the refuling option without any input from myself. For example, if Irequest catering, but then go back later to request boarding, it will select refuelling instead before I can do anything and then I have to reset the position. Same with trying to go from boarding to pushback and parking to deboarding. It happens both when pressing ctrl+f12 and when going through the add-on's menu.

Anyone experienced this before and know how to resolve?

Thank you.

Edited by cleonpack93

As far as I remember that was caused by a bug in P3D 4.2 which was solved in 4.3.. Something to do  with not clearing ( or "remembering" too long ) key presses. 

Are you still on 4.2. ?

b rdgs Dick

Yes there were issues with this in 4.2 that's why I went back to 4.1 then strait to 4.3.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

In my experience, I don't think GSX is that much better in v4.3. The best way I can describe it is flakey. There are times when I can't get the menu to appear, then there are times when the menu does appear and it shows a list of 'follow me' options, as though I have just landed, rather than the list when boarding and fuelling. Yes, I have reinstalled the client and GSX three times. No doubt there is a conflict with something else.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I must admit I went down the full install route for 4.3 following poppets guide and glad I did much smoother and more stable for me and looks better.

Raymond Fry.

3 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

In my experience, I don't think GSX is that much better in v4.3. The best way I can describe it is flakey. There are times when I can't get the menu to appear, then there are times when the menu does appear and it shows a list of 'follow me' options, as though I have just landed, rather than the list when boarding and fuelling. Yes, I have reinstalled the client and GSX three times. No doubt there is a conflict with something else.

That's odd. I never encountered any of this in 4.3! GSX works flawless on my end (just for info: I had a fresh v4.2 install on the top of a fresh OS install which I then updated to 4.3 client only).

The OP must have v4.2 installed since those issues were only present in that version and were caused by LM.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

20 hours ago, dick said:

As far as I remember that was caused by a bug in P3D 4.2 which was solved in 4.3.. Something to do  with not clearing ( or "remembering" too long ) key presses. 

Are you still on 4.2. ?

b rdgs Dick

No this has actually only started happening since I installed 4.3

12 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

That's odd. I never encountered any of this in 4.3! GSX works flawless on my end (just for info: I had a fresh v4.2 install on the top of a fresh OS install which I then updated to 4.3 client only).

The OP must have v4.2 installed since those issues were only present in that version and were caused by LM.

Nope I’m using 4.3

48 minutes ago, cleonpack93 said:

Nope I’m using 4.3

I would maybe wait a few months on GSX, it seems almost that GSX is getting too complex for the sim. They keep adding and adding and adding and all of a sudden things are going haywire. They try to fix one thing and another thing stops working. 

Edited by Mitch24
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, cleonpack93 said:

Nope I’m using 4.3

Dear Connor,

in short: LM has introduced a bug with v4.2. If you would press any numeric option (in any window e.g. standard ATC, GSX menu, Active Sky menu, etc), it would remember it till the next time you would call up another window.

e.g: If you call up ATC window and select by keyboard option "1", the next window you call up will be instantly selecting the same option "1" (from the previous key press). --> my workaround was to select all options with my mouse

With v4.3, the bug was corrected (thus leading us to believe you have not updated to 4.3).

Just for sanity check: Would you please start a flight in P3D then go in the menu on Help -> About LM and write the exact and complete version number of your P3D?

Thank you!

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

On 8/28/2018 at 12:08 PM, Rockliffe said:

The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX and, instead, it's caused by the usual AFCAD in conflict.

You have two or more AFCADs for the same airport, which is a problem you WANT to be fixed in any case, even if you didn't use GSX at all, it's just that using GSX is making the problem visible to you, but the conflicting AFCAD will surely cause other issues, like misplaced AIs or possibly double objects, etc.

GSX will tell you from which AFCAD is taking data from, in the parking customization page, and this AFCAD is supposed to be the one that comes with the airport (assuming you use a non-default airport). If it's not, then you'll know what you must remove to fix the problem.

The most common offenders which create conflicts, are AFCADs supplied with AI traffic products, which are supposed to be used only with the default airport, and should be removed if you have an add-on airport.

50 minutes ago, virtuali said:

The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX and, instead, it's caused by the usual AFCAD in conflict.

You have two or more AFCADs for the same airport, which is a problem you WANT to be fixed in any case, even if you didn't use GSX at all, it's just that using GSX is making the problem visible to you, but the conflicting AFCAD will surely cause other issues, like misplaced AIs or possibly double objects, etc.

GSX will tell you from which AFCAD is taking data from, in the parking customization page, and this AFCAD is supposed to be the one that comes with the airport (assuming you use a non-default airport). If it's not, then you'll know what you must remove to fix the problem.

The most common offenders which create conflicts, are AFCADs supplied with AI traffic products, which are supposed to be used only with the default airport, and should be removed if you have an add-on airport.

Thanks Umberto. I had thought that I had removed conflicting afcads, but I'll double check. Thanks.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

On 8/29/2018 at 7:18 AM, GEKtheReaper said:

Dear Connor,

in short: LM has introduced a bug with v4.2. If you would press any numeric option (in any window e.g. standard ATC, GSX menu, Active Sky menu, etc), it would remember it till the next time you would call up another window.

e.g: If you call up ATC window and select by keyboard option "1", the next window you call up will be instantly selecting the same option "1" (from the previous key press). --> my workaround was to select all options with my mouse

With v4.3, the bug was corrected (thus leading us to believe you have not updated to 4.3).

Just for sanity check: Would you please start a flight in P3D then go in the menu on Help -> About LM and write the exact and complete version number of your P3D?

Thank you!

I checked, it says P3Dv4.3. I went ahead and reinstalled GSX and that seems to have fixed it. Thanks!

This is something ADE can do, I have been editing CAD files for TG airport facilities which are like default CAD files, adding gates as there are often bear tarmac areas with no gates that I can add. But you can check with ADE all the CAD files for that airport and which has priority there should be two the base and the one you are working on but can sometimes have more, by selecting one you can disable it in ADE but not the base file, and since using 4.3 I have not had a problem with GSX or my FSDT airports loading. 

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

4 hours ago, cleonpack93 said:

I checked, it says P3Dv4.3. I went ahead and reinstalled GSX and that seems to have fixed it. Thanks!

Reinstalling GSX couldn't possibly "fix" the automatic menu selection bug because that was a P3D 4.2-specific bug, which could only be fixed by upgrading to 4.3.

And, of course, because the automatic menu selection bug didn't affect just GSX, it happened just the same with the default ATC window, and any other 3rd party application with a Simconnect menu (FS Passengers, Active Sky, SODE, etc.) it's simply not possible that reinstalling GSX could fix those applications too, including the default ATC too. Only upgrading to 4.3 could.