Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

Question about Fix:

Hey Nico...I was looking at the error reports... and this was shown....now PSX is on a network machine (client) and I have the p3dv4.3 mapped to it so I can go straight into the server from the client if need be..etc..etc. I got this note:

Fix: E175 changed into E170, found in X:\SimObjects\Airplanes\AIAircraftv4\Embraer Emb175\aircraft.cfg
Fix: E175 changed into E170, found in X:\SimObjects\Airplanes\AIAircraftv4\Raven FS Labs E175\aircraft.cfg
Fix: TU204 changed into T204, found in X:\SimObjects\Airplanes\AIAircraftv4\SBAI_Tu-204\Aircraft.cfg

I looked into the location where noted and I don't see anything "fixed"  What actually needs to be changed....Now I have an Embraer 175/170 with different liveries......or is it something done in the model folder. Don't want to mess this up but perhaps you can shed light on this.

Thanks Nico!!

Bob M.

[fltsim.0]
title=Air Canada Express Embraer 175 opb Sky Regional Airlines
model=
sim=aia_emb_175
texture=aircanadaexpress
atc_airline=MAPLE
atc_flight_number=
atc_heavy=0
atc_id=
atc_parking_codes=ACAX,SKV
atc_parking_types=GATE
description=Model For AI Traffic Use Only.
ui_manufacturer=AIA
ui_type=Embraer EMB175
ui_variation=Sky Regional

Edited by kiek

Bob M

2 hours ago, unc1rlm said:

Hey Nico...I was looking at the error reports... and this was shown....now PSX is on a network machine (client) and I have the p3dv4.3 mapped to it so I can go straight into the server from the client if need be..etc..etc. I got this note:

Fix: E175 changed into E170, found in X:\SimObjects\Airplanes\AIAircraftv4\Embraer Emb175\aircraft.cfg
Fix: E175 changed into E170, found in X:\SimObjects\Airplanes\AIAircraftv4\Raven FS Labs E175\aircraft.cfg
Fix: TU204 changed into T204, found in X:\SimObjects\Airplanes\AIAircraftv4\SBAI_Tu-204\Aircraft.cfg

I looked into the location where noted and I don't see anything "fixed"  What actually needs to be changed....Now I have an Embraer 175/170 with different liveries......or is it something done in the model folder. Don't want to mess this up but perhaps you can shed light on this.

Thanks Nico!!

Bob M.

[fltsim.0]
model=
sim=aia_emb_175
texture=aircanadaexpress
atc_airline=MAPLE
atc_flight_number=
atc_heavy=0
atc_id=
atc_parking_codes=ACAX,SKV
atc_parking_types=GATE
ui_manufacturer=AIA
ui_type=Embraer EMB175

Hi Bob,

These three fixes are made in the AI_liveries.txt file, not in one of your files... E175 is not a valid ICAO aircraft type code that's why.

If you want AILGenerator to make these fixes permanent in your files, you should select Repair aircraft types. It will the make these changes in the [General] section of your aircraft.cfg files, not in any of your [fltsim.x] sections.

Hope this makes it more clear.

Regards,

Nico

Hi Bob,

This is what your CFG should look like:

[fltsim.0]
model=
sim=aia_emb_175
texture=aircanadaexpress
atc_airline=MAPLE
atc_flight_number=
atc_heavy=0

atc_id=               <----*** Optional. Fill this in with the specific REG of the aircraft if you have it. I use this for speacil liveries so they will show up properly in the sim***
atc_parking_codes=SKV              <---- *** This should be the 3 letter ICAO of the airline, which would be Sky Regional (SKV)***
atc_parking_types=GATE
ui_manufacturer=AIA

ui_type=E170        <----***Optional for VATSIM model Matching. This should be the 3 - 4 ICAO code of the aircraft type***

You shouldn't see errors after that.

Cheers.

Edited by Tino
Fix for aircraft ICAO

Sante Sottile

Hi Toni,

The ui_type is not used by AILGenerator. It takes the atc_model key in the General section as aircraft type for all liveries in the aircraft.cfg file.

See the AILGenerator Manual section 3.3 ....

And again E175 is not a valid type, you should use E170 instead.

Nico

Edited by kiek

9 minutes ago, kiek said:

Hi Toni,

The ui_type is not used by AILGenerator. It takes the atc_model key in the General section as aircraft type for all liveries in the aircraft.cfg file.

See the AILGenerator Manual section 3.3 ....

And again E175 is not a valid type, you should use E170 instead.

Nico

Hi Nico,

I never knew ui_type wasn't used.. That makes more sense. I just change that field for Vatsim (VPILOT) model matching, since it still looks at ui_type. (Out of habit I guess). This way, I can switch between PSX and Vatsim, depending on my mood. 

As for the E175 ICAO, I had no idea they used E170 for that series. Thanks for letting me know. (You learn something new everyday). 

I edited my previous reply.

Cheers!

Sante Sottile

19 minutes ago, Tino said:

You learn something new everyday. 

Indeed, here is another one:

ICAO aircraft type codes can be 2 to 4 letters/digits (starting with a letter), not 4 letters as you wrote ... 🙂

Cheers,

Nico

Edited by kiek

6 minutes ago, kiek said:

Indeed, here is another one:

ICAO aircraft type codes can be 2 to 4 letters/digits (starting with a letter), not 4 letters as you wrote ... 🙂

Cheers,

Nico

Good to know! Like I said, I use my custom AI library for multiple things. Using 4 letter code ensures that it works with other programs like Vpilot. 

Sante Sottile

11 minutes ago, Tino said:

Good to know! Like I said, I use my custom AI library for multiple things. Using 4 letter code ensures that it works with other programs like Vpilot. 

I don't understand.  vPilot also works with ICAO Aircraft codes.. AILGenerator is the successor of VMRGenerator, a tool that generated vPilot matching rules.

Cheers,

Nico

18 minutes ago, kiek said:

I don't understand.  vPilot also works with ICAO Aircraft codes.. AILGenerator is the successor of VMRGenerator, a tool that generated vPilot matching rules.

Cheers,

Nico

As per Vpilot documentation:

"<ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="BAW" TypeCode="B733" ModelName="F1UT2_733.BA.BA" /> "

4 letter codes are still required. It was my understanding that VMRGenerator was no longer required for the latest version of Vpilot. Having 4 letter ICAO in the ui_type field is required to show the appropriate aircraft while connected to vatsim. (Unless I'm missing something?)

That is why I still input the 4 letter identifier. So I can switch between Vatsim or PSX.

Edited by Tino

Sante Sottile

14 minutes ago, Tino said:

"<ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="BAW" TypeCode="B733" ModelName="F1UT2_733.BA.BA" /> "

That is just an example, not a specification. Take for instance the Fokker 50, with ICAO type code F50. I expect you can still fly with a Fokker 50 with vPilot version 2 😉

I use my 4300 liveries also as well with PSXseeconTrafic as with vPilot and I have several type codes that are not 4 letters/digits.

Edited by kiek

2 minutes ago, kiek said:

That is just an example, not a specification. Take for instance the Fokker 50, with ICAO type code F50. I expect you can still fly with a Fokker 50 with vPilot version 2 😉

I use my 4300 liveries also asa well with PSXseeconTrafic as with vPilot and I have several type codes that are not 4 letters/digits.

Good to know, thanks for the clarification, Nico!

Sante Sottile