Sign in to follow this  
simbol

Wilco Falcon 7X version 3.2 for P3D

I just noticed on my Simmarket account that a new version of the Wilco Falcon 7x is out (Version 3.2), apparently it was updated June 8th, 2018.

I used the FSX version before and it was a disaster as I couldn't make it to fly reliable.. I uninstalled it at the end and I was forced to totally forgot about it after their support was so bad that I almost filled a complain via PayPal, but when Simmarket threatened with putting my account on hold I just went into despair and moved on.

They claim it works now with P3D x64 so clearly they have changed the code, so I am wondering / hopping this bird actually flies now? Has anyone tried it out?

Regards,
Simbol

Yup, I tried it in P3D V4 (preceding version), and it did work, at least it did light up and appear to be working albeit it did seem a bit of an FPS hog, although admittedly I never actually did a flight in it, I just sat in the VC and messed with it at the gate, faffing about with the FMC and such, since I was too busy to do any more at the time. However, later when P3D updated to the most recent version and I had time to play with the thing, I gave it a try, only to find it did not work (the avionics wouldn't come on at all and VC clicks appeared to be undetected for almost all the switches in the VC), so I've quite literally never once even had the thing off the ground.

Sadly, it appears the days when Wilco stuff was worth having (i.e. back when their 737 was the one to have) are long gone and I, like many, have therefore chalked the Wilco Falcon 7X up to experience. The tagline for this product is: 'Benchmark for the 21st Business Jet', more like: 'Benchmark for a company I'll not be spending any more money with'.

Shame really, the real aeroplane is fab and I'd really like a dinky tri-jet for the sim, but for me it's: 'Wilco and Out.'

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I see, well most of the problems I found before were related with the lack of FMS handling and the faulty fly by wire.

Since the upgrade is for free, I will download it again and give it a go, I love the looks of this bird, I will let you know if it is worth your time.

Regards,

Simbol 

I do have the latest version and did experience the issue with the VC and displays not working. After a bit of troubleshooting I was able to get it working. I can share the solution as soon as I get home from work. I did a flight from KATL to KIAD. There were a few bugs, and I did run into a FPS issue on final, but overall I enjoyed the update. Before I got it to work I was in touch with a member of tech support. He achnowledfed that there is an issue with the current version and P3D 4.3. He was interested in my fix as well. I’ll be able to share in just a bit. 

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

14 minutes ago, mmcwill1 said:

I do have the latest version and did experience the issue with the VC and displays not working. After a bit of troubleshooting I was able to get it working. I can share the solution as soon as I get home from work. I did a flight from KATL to KIAD. There were a few bugs, and I did run into a FPS issue on final, but overall I enjoyed the update. Before I got it to work I was in touch with a member of tech support. He achnowledfed that there is an issue with the current version and P3D 4.3. He was interested in my fix as well. I’ll be able to share in just a bit. 

Well I am also interested on the fix as currently the airplane is ABSOLUTELY UN-USABLE as I cannot start anything inside the VC.

This is so frustrating.. the airplane is always loaded with the engines running and I cannot turn them off.. I loaded another airplane which is COLD and DARK, reloaded the Falcon 7X and again engines running but all panels, VC and controls are off.

I turn on the batteries and still nothing inside the cabin is responding, and just for clarity I read the manual 3 times in case I was doing something wrong.., another bug is that despite of selecting the external power unit on the settings by pressing word not allowed+2 this doesn't on the external view.. for god sake.. nobody test products before releasing them anymore? I am so frustrated right now.

@DaveCT2003 You need to contact Wilco.. they really need a good beta tester as you m8.. 

Regards,
Simbol

9 minutes ago, simbol said:

@DaveCT2003 You need to contact Wilco.. they really need a good beta tester as you m8..

I hear you my friend, but I'm absolutely overwhelmed as it is!

• Majestic Dash 8 Training Version
  • Maddog SP1 and serious initial testing on the Expansion Pack
  • Aerosoft Airbus Pro (A318, A319, A320, A321, A330)
  • Connected Flight Deck
  • CRJ Updates
  • FS Reborn AI Lights Professional

and tech support for all the above, I'm just too overloaded to take on more work!

I really, REALLY appreciate the vote of confidence my friend, and thank you for it!

Edited by DaveCT2003
  • Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

So here is what I did:

Ran the installer and pointed to my default Prepar3d folder. This installed a Wilco/Falcon 7x folder. In the Falcon 7X folder, there are two folders with the files that are needed to run the gauges and displays. The Driver folder contains a file called Falcon7xFMS.dll and the Gauges folder has two files, Falcon7x.CAB and FalconCockpit.dll. I copied all of these files into the Wilco/Falcon 7x/SimObjects/Airplanes/Wilco_Dassault_Falcon7X/panel folder. You'll notice that there are the same files in this panel folder but they are an older date. I created an archive folder and put the old files there. Once I did that, I was able to run the Falcon. I was able to update all of the nav data using Navigraph and as I mentioned, I did a test flight from KATL to KIAD. It was an okay flight. Wilco products do tend to have a few more bugs than I like, and FPS took a hit on final approach. The landing lights lighted up the flight deck and not the runway, but hey, other than that, it was a decent flight. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

Here is a screen shot of the Falcon on start up. I haven't figured out a way to load cold and dark, but I figured this was a good start.

Qk3Uob.png

Mike McWilliams

Good grief, I got my money back on this garbage when it was v1.4. Version 3.2 and they still haven't figured it out? Which reputable store (s) are still selling this trash?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

9 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

Good grief, I got my money back on this garbage when it was v1.4. Version 3.2 and they still haven't figured it out? Which reputable store (s) are still selling this trash?

Just Flight for example. 😯

And they do not tell you that it does not function in P3Dv4.3, I have tickets with Just Flight and Wilco.

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

11 hours ago, mmcwill1 said:

So here is what I did:

Ran the installer and pointed to my default Prepar3d folder. This installed a Wilco/Falcon 7x folder. In the Falcon 7X folder, there are two folders with the files that are needed to run the gauges and displays. The Driver folder contains a file called Falcon7xFMS.dll and the Gauges folder has two files, Falcon7x.CAB and FalconCockpit.dll. I copied all of these files into the Wilco/Falcon 7x/SimObjects/Airplanes/Wilco_Dassault_Falcon7X/panel folder. You'll notice that there are the same files in this panel folder but they are an older date. I created an archive folder and put the old files there. Once I did that, I was able to run the Falcon. I was able to update all of the nav data using Navigraph and as I mentioned, I did a test flight from KATL to KIAD. It was an okay flight. Wilco products do tend to have a few more bugs than I like, and FPS took a hit on final approach. The landing lights lighted up the flight deck and not the runway, but hey, other than that, it was a decent flight. 

Thank you for the trick, now I can fly the plane. 😊

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

13 hours ago, mmcwill1 said:

So here is what I did:

I can confirm that doing this worked for me too, so thanks for posting this solution. It's still a bit of a systems hog - takes a while to load - but it does now work.

If this is really all it takes to get it running in the present P3D V4 version, it seems odd that the developers - I think I'm correct in saying that was Aeroplane Heaven for Wilco - haven't got around to tweaking their installer to reflect this solution.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

35 minutes ago, Chock said:

If this is really all it takes to get it running in the present P3D V4 version, it seems odd that the developers - I think I'm correct in saying that was Aeroplane Heaven for Wilco - haven't got around to tweaking their installer to reflect this solution.

Indeed!.

I haven't tried the solution as I am still too disappointed, given my current workload I have little time available to enjoy flights and I feel if I take this bird in the air I will end up grumpy due to more bugs.

I will take my Phenom-300, PMDG 737, TDFI 717 or Aerosoft A319 in the air instead!

Hope they get this airplane sorted eventually and if not I might end up in the long distant future developing one myself!

All the best,
Simbol

I got an email from the Wilco support team thanking me for the solution. Sounds like they are working on fixing a bunch of the bugs in the plane. I don't know, I really have to give all of you developers out there a ton of credit, even the guys at Wilco. The work you all do is amazing. When I think how far flight simulation has come, I'm really blown away. Thank you for all of your work!

• Like 1

Mike McWilliams