Sign in to follow this  
simbol

Wilco Falcon 7X version 3.2 for P3D

On 8/29/2018 at 2:09 AM, Vindeballe said:

Just Flight for example. 😯

And they do not tell you that it does not function in P3Dv4.3, I have tickets with Just Flight and Wilco.

Apparently Just Flight has some sort of contract with Wilco where they're obligated to sell it. It's kind of funny to check their forums and see what appear to be Just Flight employees saying that they agree the 7x isn't worth the money.

That said, JF has some neat FSX addons, like Air Hauler, but my one experience with their planes (L1011) left me thinking they aren't exactly high-quality aircraft developers themselves.

Edited by eslader

Well sorry to be so negative.  But I was really, really excited to hear this airplane was going to be available for flight simmers...until I saw the publisher.  At that point, I went back to hoping this airplane would someday be developed.

I'm shocked that Dassault would cooperate/collaborate with Wilco.  I feel like Wilco's products are stuck back in time; like back in the Airport 2000 time frame and haven't moved forward since.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

7 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I'm shocked that Dassault would cooperate/collaborate with Wilco.  I feel like Wilco's products are stuck back in time; like back in the Airport 2000 time frame and haven't moved forward since.

Well Wilco claims Dassault was working with them, but we do not know: A) If that is true, B) To what extent, maybe they just provided general blue prints for the external model or just permission to go ahead, the world of marketing is amazing.

S.

And, Dassault is busy building and selling airplanes. They probably aren't really up on the home flight simulator market, and almost certainly aren't up on who is and is not a good addon developer for FSX/P3d. To them, licensing legalities aside, FSX and P3D and any other flight simulator that doesn't look like this:

Dassault-Falcon-7X-Full-flight-Simulator

are just video games. So it's not surprising that they'd cooperate with Wilco - they don't know how bad their stuff has become, and they probably don't get that FSX/P3D consumers are looking for as much realism as we can get. Nor do they care, because not many people who are working with FSX/P3D can afford a 7x anyway, so it's not like they're going to lose sales due to a poor representation on those platforms.

Edited by eslader

Just installed this Plane.  The installer throws an error saying it "cannot file any flight plan files".  I browse to the directory where the flight plan files are but the installer still claims it can't find them.

After the install I checked the dll.xml.  None of the Required changes were there.

Manually fixed dll.xml.  Tried one of the Flights the installer claimed it could not find - "Falcon 7X Cold & Dark at San Francisco Intl Airport".  Loaded up mostly cold and dark and started turning things on.

No sounds at all.

I would suspect my P3dv4 install but all of my other aircraft (Carenado, Feelthere, iFly, PMDG, QualifyWings, etc.) all work fine.

Obviously no-one ever tried to install on P3d v4.3 in spite of the fact that there is an exe file in the zip file specifically for v4.3.

9 hours ago, keeska said:

Just installed this Plane.  The installer throws an error saying it "cannot file any flight plan files".  I browse to the directory where the flight plan files are but the installer still claims it can't find them.

After the install I checked the dll.xml.  None of the Required changes were there.

Manually fixed dll.xml.  Tried one of the Flights the installer claimed it could not find - "Falcon 7X Cold & Dark at San Francisco Intl Airport".  Loaded up mostly cold and dark and started turning things on.

No sounds at all.

I would suspect my P3dv4 install but all of my other aircraft (Carenado, Feelthere, iFly, PMDG, QualifyWings, etc.) all work fine.

Obviously no-one ever tried to install on P3d v4.3 in spite of the fact that there is an exe file in the zip file specifically for v4.3.

If they installed it, they never loaded the plane in v 4.3.

Look back in this thread, you are not the only one frustrated  with Wilco, and for me Just Flight. Now they have put a warning in there webshop. 😀

Edited by Vindeballe

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

On 8/28/2018 at 11:27 PM, mmcwill1 said:

So here is what I did:

Ran the installer and pointed to my default Prepar3d folder. This installed a Wilco/Falcon 7x folder. In the Falcon 7X folder, there are two folders with the files that are needed to run the gauges and displays. The Driver folder contains a file called Falcon7xFMS.dll and the Gauges folder has two files, Falcon7x.CAB and FalconCockpit.dll. I copied all of these files into the Wilco/Falcon 7x/SimObjects/Airplanes/Wilco_Dassault_Falcon7X/panel folder. You'll notice that there are the same files in this panel folder but they are an older date. I created an archive folder and put the old files there. Once I did that, I was able to run the Falcon. I was able to update all of the nav data using Navigraph and as I mentioned, I did a test flight from KATL to KIAD. It was an okay flight. Wilco products do tend to have a few more bugs than I like, and FPS took a hit on final approach. The landing lights lighted up the flight deck and not the runway, but hey, other than that, it was a decent flight. 

Your post helped me use the plane in P3D V5.1 and I thanks you for that 🙂

It was just yesterday I deleted this hangar queen from my p3d4. I had not expected that anybody could get it to run in v5. When I bought it, it did not run in v4, although Wilco claimed on Simmarket, it was compatible. I asked my money back, but they did not give way for a gentle agreement. I had to wait and complain for weeks until they published the compatible version on Simmarket. They asked me to say Simmarket, there was an update. It was a bad experience.

Like Chok I only tested it a bit on the ground.

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods