Sign in to follow this  
flyforever

a few questions re camera position x

Just purchased CPX and installed it for P3d4. My understanding is that it edits the actual aircraft camera view settings. If this is the case, why is it that after creating one new camera view and assigning a joystick key assignment, the camera is not activated when CPX is not active, that is, loaded?  I want to know whether the program needs to be "on" in order for P3d to have the new camera views. My second question is that CPX list of camera views does not have a "captain view or left seat". I know I can create one, but am curious to know why the most important camera view is omitted.

thanks for a nice utility.

tony

Hello Tony,

sorry for the delay, I didn't see your post in it's original location.

CPX is a configuration tool for the camera system that is built into FSX/P3D, it doesn't bring anything new or extra to the table. It is not comparable to EZDOK or Chaseplane, that contain a completely separate camera system that has nothing to do with the simulator logic. The difference is, that cameras created with CPX are always there, even when CPX is not running (but see below about the hotkeys). EZ and CP cameras are not even available when those apps are not running. 

Unless you create your own CameraDefinitions, you will only have those cameras, that the developer of the aircraft has made available in the aircraft.cfg. CPX doesn't add anything automatically (that will only go wrong).

The Joystick/Keyboard button handling is another matter. This functionality does not exist in the simulator, so CPX is providing it from the outside. As a consequence, the hotkey and buttons can only work when the CPX app is active (just like in EZDOK and Chaseplane).

I created the CPX because as a long time user of EZDOK I was tired of the performance impact that these tools have, and the constant shifting and swerving of the camera view. So I made a tool that has zero performance impact over what the sim is doing anyway.

Best regards

LORBY-SI